Ripe Banana's.......What to do with them?

Options
13»

Replies

• thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    banana bread or muffins. or you can mix them into your oatmeal!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i love bananas!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    banana bread, muffins, pancakes, smoothie, or just slice and freeze them and when uwant a swee treat take them out and top them with sugar free chocolate syrup or honey....mmmmmmm
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Tried this recipe this weekend and LOVED it:

3 bananas
    2 cups rolled oats
    1 cup dried pineapple
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    1 tsp vanilla

Mash bananas. Add in rolled oats, dried pineapple, vegetable oil and vanilla and mix together. Drop balls of batter on cookie sheet (12-24 cookies depending on your preference of size) and let sit for 15 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

We also added some shredded coconut to the mixture.

Just made these... subbed apple sauce for oil, and did 3/4 cup sultanas and 1/4 dried kiwi!! Used GF oats and real vanila and turned it into gluten free vegan deliciousness. Mine came in at 59 calories apiece. It made 23.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    How did I never find out until today that you can freeze bananas, lol! That fact will be almost life-changing in our house :happy:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    smoothie

^^What he/she said
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I am making a loaf of banana bread with mine. It is a hit in my house.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I let bananas get almost all brown and then cut them up, freeze them, and add them to my protein smoothies. I have chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, and pina colada protein powder and they all taste so much better with a banana added in.
  • DONNADEAUX
    DONNADEAUX Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    was gonna say the same thing as the others, i make a great protein shake out of them,and u dont have to add anything for sweetness
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Homemade Chocolate Bar:
    - Put 1 banana and 4-8 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on if you like dark chocolate or not) and put in a food processor. Blend for 2 minutes, scraping the sides.
    - Then place a sheet of wax paper on a cookie sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Scoop out the banana mixture on top and spread out with your hands a bit. Place another sprayed sheet of wax paper on top of that and use a rolling pin to roll out the banana mixture to your desired thickness.
    - Remove the top layer of wax paper and place the cookie sheet in the freezer. Let it freeze for at least 1 hour or until solid.
    I love this idea!
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • evolutioner
    Options
    Mash the Bananas in a bowl with a fork and add some chocolate powder with a little honey/sweetener and you have chocolate banana pudding :D, you can add nuts too and some instant coffee if you want.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    freeze or just eat them :|
    my mum likes bananas when there still a bit green... but i dont like them till there starting to turn black ... we have issues in our house when buying bananas
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Bump! İ have been mixing one medium banana with one scoop poroein powder and 2-3 egg whites, blended up then in the microwave for 3 mins ... Or one banana mixed with an egg cooked as a pancake
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Freeze them and make these orange julius'. They are my FAVORITE! My toddler thinks they are the best treat ever and even my picky husband thinks they are delicious.

Orange Julius:
    Blend together the following:
    1 1/2 C. Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
    Handful of Ice
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 packet sunrise classic orange crystal light (it doesn't have to be crystal light brand, any generic brand will do as long as it's orange flavored)
    1 scoop Vanilla protein

Sounds great! I'll be trying this soon. Thanks!
  • Sucy1
    Sucy1 Posts: 52
    Options
    bump
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Banana bread is always good. Bananas are also my FAVORITE ingredient in pancakes. Mashed the banana and it acts as a binder.

I also add plain Seltzer/carbonated water in place of ALL other liquids to make the pancakes extremely fluffy.
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here! Bumping for later.:smile: