ugg boots ? aobut sizing

Options
I have a question for those of you that wear Uggs.... My daughter wants a pair of Uggs for Christmas. Shes 12, but she is tiny. She wears a size 2.5 in regular tennis shoes. Do Uggs run true to size? Anyone out there have a daughter thats worn them? Ive heard they run big,so I didnt know if I should go with a 2 or a 3 for her.

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    You will probably have better luck using Google.
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I own a pair. I am size 9 and bought a size 9. I think they are true to size. You need to watch out though because if she has a wide foot, I have heard that people with a wider foot need to go up a size.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    idk about uggs but I would go with a 3. Worst case scenerio you will have to buy some nice thick boot socks to fill them up until she grows a little more.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    hmm. well i have never bought a pair but my best friend gave me a pair she barely wore. i wear a size 8 in women's, these are a 7 and they fit me perfect, if that helps any
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I have been told they run about half a size bigger, but I have never tried them so i can only go off what a friend told me.
  • jjshulou
    Options
    True, 100% Authentic Ugg boots run a full size larger. I would go with a 2, definitely not a 3.
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you that wear Uggs.... My daughter wants a pair of Uggs for Christmas. Shes 12, but she is tiny. She wears a size 2.5 in regular tennis shoes. Do Uggs run true to size? Anyone out there have a daughter thats worn them? Ive heard they run big,so I didnt know if I should go with a 2 or a 3 for her.

Size down. I've had a few pairs and always size down. Size 3 might seem ok at first but once the sheepskin flattens down a bit she'll be swimming in them.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I bought a 10 and they were way too small. Gave them to my niece who wears a 9. I had been told before buying them that they ran small. Maybe once the insides pack down a bit they get closer to true, but unless I went barefoot there was no way I could wear them. And yes they were authentic.
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    In the UK they 100% run small and you are always recommended to buy a half size bigger. Am sure this is something to do with international sizing regs or something, so doesn't mean it is the same in the US. The UGG Australia US website should have a sizing guide. If she is only 12, though, and small for her age I would tend to buy bigger so she can wear them for longer!! UGGs are expensive and she can always wear thick socks under