Feel sad fat and ugly :(

Options
2»

Replies

• FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hey i just want to clarify, I haven't 'fallen off the wagon' today, Feeling crappy has not made me eat... It has made me think about it but we are skint (which is good) and to be honest i knew that wouldnt actually make me feel better...

I just felt a bit rubbish but a combination of you lovely people, a nice dinner, my lovely husband and a 40min belly dancing class, i am feeling a bit better about life :)

Thank you all again. I do think the little bit of gluten i ate this week had something to do with it. I need to be more focused than i have been in that respect, its definitely affected my mood and also my health. Not going there again!
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your young, and a great mom I bet. I know it can be hard to stay motivated to work out, for me I do better with keeping under my calorie goal then with working out. If I do well with my eating, I don't worry so much about working out or not. As I continue to lose the weight, I'll naturally get more into the fitness part, I'm sure you will too! Kellie :)
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    It's the way you handle these dark moments that really tests your determination, courage and will. It's easy being motivated when all is going well for you, but it's the way we handle these moments when everything seems wrong that make the most difference. Just hold your ground and remember why you started this whole thing and why you need to get it done.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel hun, the past 4 weeks have been terrible for me.. My fella of 2 years left me without reason, and got back with his self harming ex.. It's really put me down and my confidence is completely shattered.

Keep your head up, that's all you can do! It gets better, and all your effort will soon pay off. Feel free to add me, I'm on everyday, and offer support when needed :flowerforyou:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Did my bellydancing class and felt like an uncordinated whale.

That mental image is too much for me

Anyway, we all have those days, and sometimes, it stretches into weeks, months , etc.

You know, it is only you that can get yourself out of that hole, pull your socks up and decide to do something about it.

Happiness is a choice, choose to be happy.

Shiz happens in life, but it is you who chooses how to feel about it.

All I can say is, take today to cry it all out, scream, etc, but plan to wake up tomorrow, determined to make it a better day for yourself. Tell yourself at the end of each day that the next day will be better.

If it makes you feel better, while you think everyone is looking at you and judging you, these people are thinking the same way; that people are judging them too. We humans are too critical of ourselves and what we do, doesn't help that the sad parts stick more than the happier parts.

So yes, cheer up, pull your socks up, and start chanting: "I am awesome, and no one can make me feel otherwise but myself"
  • FeebRyan
    Options

thanks for the rest of your post, but there was no need for this bit x
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I was feeling that way this morning but then I made myself go for a run and I feel better now. :-)
  • FeebRyan
    Options
    I was feeling that way this morning but then I made myself go for a run and I feel better now. :-)

Thats brilliant :) I had belly dancing this morning but it was in a cold, draughty studio and the rest of the girls there are much better than me... I cheered myself up when i got home though, had a cuddle with hubby and did loads of online drills for bellydance :)
  • DarcyGibbs
    Options
    I see these topics a lot on these forums and I really feel a pang of empathy every time. I hope that I can offer you some new perspective through this post.

When an athlete (or anyone) trains, we identify and hit up against the limits of our physical potential in order to identify weaknesses and then improve them. I other words we relish the fact that we can only run for X minutes and X speed because it means we know how hard and far we have to run to improve our body. The same is true for the mind and the character!!!!!!! Take these moments of self-hate and weakness not as a great burden or failure. Relish them, relish their challenge. This is the sign that you can push through this and on the other side, will be a more vibrant and strong person because of it.

Treat this as a positive thing, a chance to improve! And not improve something trivial like your body. This is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to grow as a person and become the best version of yourself. Meet it head on, and acknowledge it will be hard, but in the end, worthwhile!

P.S. Let the sheer magnitude of your weight loss so far wash over you! You are obviously a person of great character and true resilience!
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options

i apologise, i never meant it in a bad way. Hope you are feeling better though.
  • FeebRyan
    Options

i apologise, i never meant it in a bad way. Hope you are feeling better though.

I am! Thank you xxx
  • myoung1271
    Options
    I don't know if this helps or not but I have felt the same way before and so, you are not alone. Not matter how hard one works at this, I think we all have those "feeling fat" days. I have friends who are not totally fit and those feelings still emerge. If you can, try to quiet your mind, do something nice for yourself and remember that this is a life-long journey and tomorrow is a new day.
  • gkershner
    Options

When an athlete (or anyone) trains, we identify and hit up against the limits of our physical potential in order to identify weaknesses and then improve them. I other words we relish the fact that we can only run for X minutes and X speed because it means we know how hard and far we have to run to improve our body. The same is true for the mind and the character!!!!!!! Take these moments of self-hate and weakness not as a great burden or failure. Relish them, relish their challenge. This is the sign that you can push through this and on the other side, will be a more vibrant and strong person because of it.

Treat this as a positive thing, a chance to improve! And not improve something trivial like your body. This is YOUR OPPORTUNITY to grow as a person and become the best version of yourself. Meet it head on, and acknowledge it will be hard, but in the end, worthwhile!

This made me think of my recovery from shoulder surgery and that the exercises which made me cry where the most exciting ones when I could do them well. Thanks for sharing.

OP -- thanks for posting. I have been feeling much like this the last few days and even given in to the temptation to make some unhealthy food choices. Your willingness to share and the helpful comments of others will be a big encouragement toward getting myself back on track. It helps to know that we are not alone, not just on the food/exercise journey, but the emotional one as well. One thing I am going to start doing is adding a thankfulness note to my written food diary every day. Today it will be this thread, and the sunshine here in Ohio this weekend.

Thanks for posting everyone.
  • FeebRyan
    Options

This made me think of my recovery from shoulder surgery and that the exercises which made me cry where the most exciting ones when I could do them well. Thanks for sharing.

OP -- thanks for posting. I have been feeling much like this the last few days and even given in to the temptation to make some unhealthy food choices. Your willingness to share and the helpful comments of others will be a big encouragement toward getting myself back on track. It helps to know that we are not alone, not just on the food/exercise journey, but the emotional one as well. One thing I am going to start doing is adding a thankfulness note to my written food diary every day. Today it will be this thread, and the sunshine here in Ohio this weekend.

Thanks for posting everyone.

:)

Group hug xxxx
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You've lost 20 kg which is amazing. You have a wonderful family which makes you lucky. You've set a goal which makes you strong. I think you're looking pretty good. Everyone has down days. Shake it off and wake up to a new day tomorrow.