new to this and confused

lala25
lala25 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I'm fairly new to this and althought I know c25k what do the other abbreviations mead? e.g p90 etc

thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this x

Replies

• mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    They're workouts. P90X is it's own workout system (check out Amazon; it's expensive but supposed to be brutally effective). On the 30 Day Shred threads, you'll see L1D1, L2D9, etc. That means Level 1 (2, 3), Day 1 (2, 3, ...9, 10, etc). NMTZ = Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones. BFBM = Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism (another Jillian Michaels...aka JM :laugh: ) BL = Biggest Loser. Those are the ones I'm familiar with.

I suggest reading through the threads you see the abbreviations on...you'll pick up. Or just ask on that thread...someone will be more than happy to tell you.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    P90X = Power 90 Extreme. It's a home exercise system developed by Tony Horton in conjunction with Beachbody, which aims for an improved physique in 90 days. Mupltiple DVDs and unless you buy used on ebay or amazon it's over $100.
  • lala25
    Ah I see thanks, being in England I guessed it was a fitness abbreviation but souldnt work it out. Do most people do home workouts then? I tend to go to gym and do boxercise too x
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    I work out at home, as I have equipment there and I parent 3 young children. I do exercise outside as much as possible. Lot's of people find it more motivating to be at the gym with others. To each their own I guess!
  • lala25
    I have a little equipment at home but to be honest I'm better motivated at the gym or in a class. I find too many other things to do if I'm at home. Like you said each to their own, I guess it's whatever works
This discussion has been closed.