Replies

• _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    You mean other people have leftovers? :noway:
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    sadly last year (about two weeks before i started this new lifestyle) i ate a whole pumpkin pie, yes, that means by myself and in one sitting...well....i guess i'll call it a standing because i ate it in front of the refrigerator right after getting it out :laugh: pumpking pie is my favorite, i had 6 total in the last two weeks of november last year. now i want pumpkin pie :sad:

ETA: i noticed i wrote pumpking hahaha...so great i can't change it, but for the record i see it :laugh:
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used to own a bakery. In my ServSafe classes, they taught that you could keep things like pies in the frig for seven days (counting the day you made it). We never kept anything like that longer than three. I agree with freezing it. Either way, enjoy it!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    sadly last year (about two weeks before i started this new lifestyle) i ate a whole pumpkin pie, yes, that means by myself and in one sitting...well....i guess i'll call it a standing because i ate it in front of the refrigerator right after getting it out :laugh: pumpking pie is my favorite, i had 6 total in the last two weeks of november last year. now i want pumpkin pie :sad:

ETA: i noticed i wrote pumpking hahaha...so great i can't change it, but for the record i see it :laugh:

Love the typo.

And here is the link for the recipe I made. I made the crust with almonds instead of pecans because I have almonds around for a snack.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/desserts/r/pumpkinpie.htm
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I took a pecan pie home from a party the other night. Wrapped it in foil and stuck it in the freezer, hope it will be o.k. when I thaw it out for Thanksgiving. I also prefer pumpkin, but it was a free pie so I took it!