Gym people

Options
2»

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I go with my BF and my friend, but it's really more of a being in the same building at the same time thing; we don't work out together at all.
  • Julzmusic
    Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I go alone :) I love it that way - I concentrate harder and don't get side-tracked...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    my gym buddy blows. I can never get her to do an hour on a machine and she's always to tired for weights. I like going by myself way better!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I prefer to either go alone or with a like minded partner. The most annoying thing I find is when a friend asks to go to the gym with me and they don't even want to do any work. At that point I just ignore them and finish my workout.
  • isabel88g
    isabel88g Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do prefer to go to the gym by myself, if I go with someone I feel too self-conscious. However, I do like to go with my husband every once in a while.

If I'm doing a class, I'd rather go by myself, this way I don't know anyone so if I look like an idiot who cares lol!!!
  • chrisgains1
    Options
    agreed! that is definitely my favorite way to workout is with a friend. but none of my friends like to workout so i mostly just go alone:smile:
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I go with my friend, but my workout is solo because his is different. We meet up in the waiting area after we are done. This is the best of all possible arrangements for me.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I used to prefer to go to the gym by myself, but then I started working out with my friend consistently about 5x a week (for the last few years) and I enjoy the gym so much more. It probably helps that we are on the same page as eachother when it comes to our fitness goals. But with that being said, whenever we start our runs, or if one of us decides to work out longer, we do just that. Throw in the ipod and away we go. We are there to work our butts off, not to chit-chat, and we both get that.