Hypnosis anyone?

Options
Along with the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD, I decided to buy a hypnosis book/CD to aid weight loss. I'm always happy to try anything once! Has anyone tried anything similar? Did you lose any weight? I'm just interested to see if it has worked for anyone here!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I tried hypnosis TWICE, but didn't lose a thing. :noway:
    I do know of someone from my town though who DID lose quite a bit of weight. So, I guess it works for SOME! :wink:
  • freedMan
    freedMan Posts: 68
    Options
    Its a bunch of phooey...Lose weight by being responsible with your diet and exercise...If everyone could trick their mind like hypnotism supposedly does, America wouldn't have an obesity problem, would it? It would be the wonder drug on all the infomercials. People would set up hypnotism shops instead of weightloss clinics and supplement shops. Why dont they have a hypnotism shop? Because everyone and their dog would tell everyone else and their dogs that its a waste of money and it doesnt work.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of hypnosis. I had a pain free birth largely thanks to hypnosis. The mind is a powerful tool and can be convinced of doing phenomenal things. Positive thought breeds positive action!
  • CarylMc1991
    Options
    Its a bunch of phooey...Lose weight by being responsible with your diet and exercise...If everyone could trick their mind like hypnotism supposedly does, America wouldn't have an obesity problem, would it? It would be the wonder drug on all the infomercials. People would set up hypnotism shops instead of weightloss clinics and supplement shops. Why dont they have a hypnotism shop? Because everyone and their dog would tell everyone else and their dogs that its a waste of money and it doesnt work.

I get your point - but you can't deny it has worked for some people that gave it a shot. It's not so much as 'tricking' the mind, it's more about 're-programming', right? In the UK, a lot of people have had great results with Paul McKenna's 'I Can Make You Thin' - similar to the purchase I've made. Responsible dieting and exercising are the most important elements of course, can't argue with that! :smile:
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I've been using a series of hypnosis cd's for the past while. It's working great for me.
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in knowing how well this works but I don't think I'm able to be hypnotized. I tried listening to hypnosis recordings to help provide better and more restful sleep but it didn't work for me.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    There's an itunes app for iphones and ipods by Andrew Johnson - just a couple of bucks. It gets great reviews.
  • steffijb
    Options
    Just out of interest, how did you get on? Was it Marisa Peer book/CD that you used?
  • magnusmom
    magnusmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I downloaded an app by Max Kirsten. I've lost a few pounds in about 3 weeks but more importantly, I have a desire to exercise daily...which before I absolutely hated. I feel great!