Low Carb Vegetarian

Options
Hey! I don't eat meat or fish. Sometimes eggs and a little dairy. I eat way too much bread! And cereal. I think this is hurting my metabolism/ weight loss. In general I don't know what to eat for breakfast that's going to be satisfying. I find that when I eat a lot of bready products I end up eating a large quantity as I don't feel satisfied. Then I gain weight, and feel sluggish. Basically my question is: how does one cut carbs while avoiding meat products?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't eat meat or fish. Sometimes eggs and a little dairy. I eat way too much bread! And cereal. I think this is hurting my metabolism/ weight loss. In general I don't know what to eat for breakfast that's going to be satisfying. I find that when I eat a lot of bready products I end up eating a large quantity as I don't feel satisfied. Then I gain weight, and feel sluggish. Basically my question is: how does one cut carbs while avoiding meat products?

Eat more eggs and dairy products

Although bread isn't hurting your weight loss unless you have a medical condition or intolerance to bread
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    vegetables?
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts that is really good and filling is sweet potato pancakes. Grate a sweet potato, beat two eggs together and mix in with the potato, add salt and pepper to taste, pan fry in coconut oil - you just put a big scoop of the potato mix in the pan and mash flat then fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Top with a little 100% dark amber maple syrup and if you want more protein, add some nut butter too.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts that is really good and filling is sweet potato pancakes. Grate a sweet potato, beat two eggs together and mix in with the potato, add salt and pepper to taste, pan fry in coconut oil - you just put a big scoop of the potato mix in the pan and mash flat then fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Top with a little 100% dark amber maple syrup and if you want more protein, add some nut butter too.

That sounds yummy.
  • LoveByBillie
    LoveByBillie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try old fashioned oatmeal (the cooking kind that takes like 5 min.) then add honey and cinnimon and some kind of fruit.... this will defiantly fill you up