Options

Replies

• lorriannly
    lorriannly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started today :)
  • kimharper13
    Options
    I made it through day one!! I went to a high school track since the weather was so nice. I think it would be harder to do on a treadmill. I'm quite proud of myself, never ran before in my life and made it through the entire thing. I must say I was very happy when it was time to walk again. :wink:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's so cool to have so many of us doing it at once :) feel free to add me so we can all see each others progress :)
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    C25k Day 1 done! This is my second time around with the program. I plan to jog the walk segments and run the rest this time. :happy:
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Well everyone who did it and posted about it, I just want to say AWESOME! How did everyone else do who hasn't posted yet? The curiosity is killing me. Am I the only one who couldn't run yet?
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    I started last wednesday and did my 3rd 'run' today and don't feel at all ready to start week 2! Nice to know I'm not the only one :) but determined to get there!

Just out of interest my run today was 1.58 miles pace 11:44 min/mile time 18:36 is this ok for a 43yr old carry an excess of 88lbs???
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    just finished! that deff sucked but wasnt as bad as i thought it would be! good luck on day two everyone :)
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Awesome charity! I'm waitin on bobby to have his nap and then I'll be doing my workout.

I couldn't run yesterday, so I think today I'm going to actually turn the treadmill down during the running and slow jog. I know I can jog in place, so why not a slow jog right? I'll let you all know how THAT goes lol

Good luck everyone!

<3 Lauren
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'll participate. :bigsmile:
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - would love to! This will be my second attempt. I made a good start in August but then totally blew it when I took a week off during vacation.
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I am starting the program today as well! I have had the app for a while, but never used it. I will be getting my work out in this evening. I am pretty excited to run :) And no, you are definitely NOT the only one!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well done to all of you starting this. I have just done week 6 and it's an amazing feeling.

I use running into shape podcasts with Carli......beware she has the worst taste in music ever.

I have blogged about each week here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/seamatt

Good luck all of you
  • campoje
    campoje Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am totally hopping in on this!

I'm on Week 2, but I could use some motivation. I'm probably going to have to repeat Week 2 anyway! I ran for the first time outside in my major city on a busy foot trail. I looked and sounded like an injured bear - red face, huffing and puffing. I had to remind myself that I'm doing this for my own health and other people's reactions or stares were not important! One day, I'll look like a human woman whilst running and not a wild animal. I just have to keep it up to get to that point.

On the bright side, my body feels deliciously sore today!
  • NJTeacher411
    NJTeacher411 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I will be starting today. Thanks for starting this thread.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I just finished w2 day 2 today. I know it is silly, but I am super proud of myself. I hate running, but really enjoy this program. I almost look forward to my running days. Really strange for me....

Anybody have ideas about off days? I have tried tossing in some pushups, but am thinking of adding weight training as well. Not much... but just something so my arms can feel as sore as my legs.

Thoughts?
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Speaking of slow jogs, some more advice which helped me start:

When it's almost time to run, walk faster and faster until you reach the point where it's hard to walk and feels natural to break into a gentle jog. Then hold that pace. Yes it is slow but speed will come when you have your endurance up.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6! It is an amazing feeling to get past the 20 minute job in week 5!!! My advise- trust, trust, trust the program! It really does work! I had never run a mile in my entire life and the first time I did it I ran 1.72 miles without stopping! Be careful though, follow the "every other day" suggestion because it will wreak havoc on your knees!
  • laurenk182004
    Options
    Everyone is doing so good! I did some walking/ jogging on the treadmill today even though it was going to be a rest day... lol I

told myself I would just slow walk for a bit and get in a little exercise, but once I got started I wanted to burn some calories so I did speed walking with some 30 second jogging intervals.

I'm getting better at it but its going to be a bit still before I can complete week 1. I WILL do it though :) I'm workin on it daily. So glad to see so many of you doing so well with it!

Lets keep it up all my future running buddies! -Lauren

P.S! Thankyou for all the advice! I truly appreciate it. Anything that can help me to achieve this goal of becoming a runner is greatly appreciated!
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    hey guys, i fell a little behind because of a busy week but i just finished day 2 of week 1. im glad everyone is doing so well.

when it tells me to start running, i do a slow jog, this past time on the last 60 seconds of running i tried to push myself harder and run faster, i was able to do it, it was hard but it felt good, good luck everyone! keep it up!
  • Julesoola
    Julesoola Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just started this tonight! I've been walking about 4-7 miles a day for the last few months. Generally broken up into a single 1 hour walk and several smaller walks around the block throughout the work day. So to keep that hour of exercise I actually did Week 1, Day 1 twice in a row and I didn't die! felt awesome!