I've already blown it today

Options
I'm so disappointed in myself. It's mid-morning, and I've already eaten almost all my calories today. I am in the middle of a stressful week. I had to take my daughter to an early doctor's appointment, so I ate a big breakfast. She had to fast for bloodwork, so afterwards she asked me to take her to Chik Fil A for breakfast, and I ate again - I should have known better. Then after I took her to school, I was dying to stop and buy a donut. I resisted, but got home and ate 2 cookies. Then I logged it all and was shocked to see I've already eaten more than 1,000 calories. AND I don't have time to workout today. (Got to work late due to appointment, and have school meeting tonight.) UGH. And I looked back at my log and have been slightly over on calories several days, so it's not like this could be a treat day. Guess I will drink tons of water and eat some raw veggies later when I get hungry. It's gonna be a LONG day!

Replies

• aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    SORRY TO HEAR THAT I HAVE THOSE KINDA DAYS ALSO. BUT START OVER. JUST EAT HEALTHIER AND DRINK WATER
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Well the mornings over, so start fresh right now! I had to teach myself that there are no excuses for over indlugence... You'll get there too! You are doing a fabulous job by the way... this is just a little hiccup!
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    exercise ...then you have more cals....
    i haven't all week..cause I am sick. but I notice my cals are really diminished by early afternoon. I may go for a long walk so I can claim some more cals for dinner :flowerforyou:
    Next week I start ChaLean Extreme over for the next 3 months...YeAh....then it's back to getting 300-500 cals extra a day of food.!!!
    Yippy!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    It is what it is. It's done. Put it behind you and focus on your mission.

Sue :flowerforyou:
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    listen im right there with you. Just pump the water and much as you can. Park far away from wherever you are going so you can walk further, and do some home excercises before bed. I am totally with you though. did same damn thing. UGH
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Well the mornings over, so start fresh right now! I had to teach myself that there are no excuses for over indlugence... You'll get there too! You are doing a fabulous job by the way... this is just a little hiccup!

Yep what she said! A wise girl on here once said that her husband told her that every meal is a fresh chance to start over. That one really stuck with me!

You can do anything you put your mind to! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Eat a healthy dinner. Make chicken and veggies. Don't starve yourself because you ate badly earlier in the day. You will go over on calories by a bit, but not enough to make you gain (permanent) weight back. Just be good the rest of the day. :flowerforyou:
  • bridgett_shorter
    Options
    Dont fret hun , it happens ! What you have to make sure you dont do is fall off the wagon ! We all give in , it happens. You just have to start over where you are and make better choices the rest of the day! Dont get mad or down on your self! You know you messed up now you know to plan better on hectic mornings! Keep it up the hard work it will pay off in the end!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    As others have said, start fresh right this minute. No big deal since it doesn't happen all the time, right?
    Even if you don't have time to exercise, do NOT starve yourself the rest of the day and don't just eat raw veggies, either. When I'm really low on calories, I eat boneless skinless chicken breast & cooked veggies (steamed or stir-fried without oil) with some kind of salt-free seasoning. Nutritious, filling, and yummy! Super low calories, too.

That said, you may have more time to exercise than you think. I'm always dancing and doing squats and stuff while cooking dinner (yes, I look foolish, but who cares?). I work a lot (13-14 hours some days) and I still find tons of time to exercise -- Tuesday and Wednesday this week I worked 13 hours each -- I exercised over an hour both days (and no, it's not like I don't have a ton of responsibilities to take care of at home -- sometimes you just have to figure out how to do what you have to do). I pretty much wiggle all the time. And you know what? Wiggling burns more calories than not wiggling. :wink:

But whatever you decided to do, DO NOT use a little hiccup as an excuse to fall off the wagon. Don't ever say "Well, I blew it earlier so I may as well blow it now." That leads to "Well I blew it yesterday, so" and "Well, I blew it last week" and before you know it, you're right back into old habits.
  • Annieliles
    Options
    Hang in there - all is not lost....you had a bad start to your day, and it sounds like you are on the right track to recovery. When I was in Weight Watchers many years ago, they told us to think of it as a "LIVEIT" not a "DIET". We all have days where other problems put our eating habits out of kilter....take it as one day at a time and don't beat yourself up over it. Try to take a deep breath, forgive yourself, and move on. :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Yep what she said! A wise girl on here once said that her husband told her that every meal is a fresh chance to start over. That one really stuck with me!

You can do anything you put your mind to! :flowerforyou:
    I agree with you both, starting fresh can happen moments after unplanned eating!:drinker: Perhaps for the rest of the day, cut yourself some slack, venting your feelings on here probably helped a bit and hanging onto guilt never helps with anything, really.

Lots of water, heck even pushups against the bathroom wall at work, leg lifts anything that comes to mind to move your body. In the meantime don't stop eating today but perhaps eating lightly, salad with lots of veggies etc. To stop eating or to continue eating unplanned food may only set up issues for tomorrow!

Your post helped me think on my own issue late last night, I posted it for yesterday and today is brand new day. I ate a sandwich late last night, couldn't sleep, guess I was trying to comfort myself or something. Logged it all in for yesterday and WOW, today is going well.

I think had I logged it in for today I would have been beating myself up all day and been more likely to throw in the towel. So your post and others on this thread helped me!

So thank you!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Dorable
    Dorable Posts: 7
    Options
    Take a couple breaths and make a U Turn. I have been doing pretty good today as far as making health choices but after a banana sandwhich for breakfast and a turkey one for lunch w coffee I am sadden to find that I only have 400 left for dinner and thats with no snacks.
  • Crawline
    Crawline Posts: 1,028
    Options
    As others have said, start fresh right this minute. No big deal since it doesn't happen all the time, right?
    Even if you don't have time to exercise, do NOT starve yourself the rest of the day and don't just eat raw veggies, either. When I'm really low on calories, I eat boneless skinless chicken breast & cooked veggies (steamed or stir-fried without oil) with some kind of salt-free seasoning. Nutritious, filling, and yummy! Super low calories, too.

That said, you may have more time to exercise than you think. I'm always dancing and doing squats and stuff while cooking dinner (yes, I look foolish, but who cares?). I work a lot (13-14 hours some days) and I still find tons of time to exercise -- Tuesday and Wednesday this week I worked 13 hours each -- I exercised over an hour both days (and no, it's not like I don't have a ton of responsibilities to take care of at home -- sometimes you just have to figure out how to do what you have to do). I pretty much wiggle all the time. And you know what? Wiggling burns more calories than not wiggling. :wink:

But whatever you decided to do, DO NOT use a little hiccup as an excuse to fall off the wagon. Don't ever say "Well, I blew it earlier so I may as well blow it now." That leads to "Well I blew it yesterday, so" and "Well, I blew it last week" and before you know it, you're right back into old habits.

Thanks, this is definitely what I needed today!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    ...But whatever you decided to do, DO NOT use a little hiccup as an excuse to fall off the wagon. Don't ever say "Well, I blew it earlier so I may as well blow it now." That leads to "Well I blew it yesterday, so" and "Well, I blew it last week" and before you know it, you're right back into old habits.

Wise words we should all remember.
  • Keeche
    Keeche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just know you're not alone -- ever never -- I had my moment last night -- I made AMISH Friendship bread -- and my sample taste turned into a full blown - holy crap did I really eat 1/2 of the loaf?? Been punishing myself ever since. I have an office job as well that doesn't allow much 'activity'... but I am going to go the post office and I think I'll walk!! It's been a rough ride today - I tend to be an emotional eater - which compounds on itself really easy... don't look back -- it won't change and just makes you feel bad -- when I do that , I set very SHORT GOALS,, like okay this is my plan until 5:00PM and then I set a new one for just a couple a hours,,, helps to get me back on track without feeling so guitly...
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement. I'm happy to say that I am headed to the shower and bed soon, and I am . . . 1 calorie over my goal!!! First, it helped to not beat myself up. I made a huge glass of ice water, and tried to work and not think about it. Later I used half of the few calories I had left for a mostly veggie sandwich on flatbread, which was yummy and full of fiber. Worked more, went to my school meeting, and just got home and used my last 140 calories on 1 cup of Cheerios with half a cup of skim milk. Success! I couldn't do it without you all!
  • prrizza425
    prrizza425 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are gonna be successful at this.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement. I'm happy to say that I am headed to the shower and bed soon, and I am . . . 1 calorie over my goal!!! First, it helped to not beat myself up. I made a huge glass of ice water, and tried to work and not think about it. Later I used half of the few calories I had left for a mostly veggie sandwich on flatbread, which was yummy and full of fiber. Worked more, went to my school meeting, and just got home and used my last 140 calories on 1 cup of Cheerios with half a cup of skim milk. Success! I couldn't do it without you all!
    :drinker: :wink:
  • ashdav2010
    Options
    Everyone has these kids of days.....don't beat yourself up about it. Just remember that tomorrow is another day! :)