Feeling like I haven't lost anything

Options
:frown: So my scale says that I am 178 today I started on October 26 at 187 then my coworker told me about MFP and I joined again, I've been working out eating healthier even stopped drinking soda and eating candy I'm like a health freak now but I dont see it, is this normal?

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The nice part is, you can measure whether or not you've lost anything.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. My daughter was complimenting me on Saturday, and I told her to my eye I look exactly the same, although my clothing is looser. I know I've lost some weight, but I can't see it. (I only weigh once per month so don't know if the scales have moved since my ticker last updated.)
  • marialleras
    Options

yes on the week of Oct 29th I was N-14 W-37 and H-42 on Nov 7th I was N-13 1/2W- 41 and H- 42 I am so confused :huh:
  • marialleras
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!
  • marialleras
    Options
    I know the feeling. My daughter was complimenting me on Saturday, and I told her to my eye I look exactly the same, although my clothing is looser. I know I've lost some weight, but I can't see it. (I only weigh once per month so don't know if the scales have moved since my ticker last updated.)

Same here ugh so frustrating
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements each and every week and you WILL see a difference!
  • marialleras
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements each and every week and you WILL see a difference!

Thanks will do :smile:
  • saltqueen99
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am frustrated but I refuse to give up. I have lost some weight so it is going down instead of up. And my belly fat is SLOWLY going away. Everyone keeps telling me to be patient, It will start going away soon. I hope they are right. I had gained five pounds since Jan while actively trying to lose it. Good luck. Believe 4 pounds down is better than 4 pounds up.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yes - the scale weight can be deceiving sometimes.

The past few weeks I've been feeling fairly stagnated and figured I was on a little plateau. But then I look back over the the last 3 months and I've lost 12 pounds so I'm right on track with my goal of -1/week. An my clothes are contuing to feel looser, even tho the scales may not show a huge loss.

I keep reminding myself - it's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • marialleras
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am frustrated but I refuse to give up. I have lost some weight so it is going down instead of up. And my belly fat is SLOWLY going away. Everyone keeps telling me to be patient, It will start going away soon. I hope they are right. I had gained five pounds since Jan while actively trying to lose it. Good luck. Believe 4 pounds down is better than 4 pounds up.

Thanks and it is VERY FRUSTRATING GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO :smile:
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    You have lost 5 lbs since October - we are only half way through Nov so you are losing like a pound a week - this seems right to me - you should not lose too quickly it has a tendancy to come back if you do
  • marialleras
    Options
    Yes - the scale weight can be deceiving sometimes.

The past few weeks I've been feeling fairly stagnated and figured I was on a little plateau. But then I look back over the the last 3 months and I've lost 12 pounds so I'm right on track with my goal of -1/week. An my clothes are contuing to feel looser, even tho the scales may not show a huge loss.

I keep reminding myself - it's a marathon, not a sprint.

That's true only thing is I still feel my clothes feeling tight hmm
  • marialleras
    Options
    You have lost 5 lbs since October - we are only half way through Nov so you are losing like a pound a week - this seems right to me - you should not lose too quickly it has a tendancy to come back if you do

The thing is I dont see it or feel like it is that normal?
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

yes on the week of Oct 29th I was N-14 W-37 and H-42 on Nov 7th I was N-13 1/2W- 41 and H- 42 I am so confused :huh:

I am confused...isn't the above a 1/2 inch loss?
  • marialleras
    Options

I am confused...isn't the above a 1/2 inch loss?

AHH NECK -14 ON OCT 29TH THEN NOV 7TH 13 1/2 THEN LOOK AT WAIST AND HIPS THATS JUST ON MY NECK ITS SO CONFUSING
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really tell a difference by myself in the mirror until about 15-20lbs. Taking pics and measurements are other great ways to measure progress. Keep it up, it hasn't been that long. Most of the initial loss is usually a lot of water weight for most people, I know mine was, think I lost like 5lbs just from changing my diet.
  • marialleras
    Options
    I couldn't really tell a difference by myself in the mirror until about 15-20lbs. Taking pics and measurements are other great ways to measure progress. Keep it up, it hasn't been that long. Most of the initial loss is usually a lot of water weight for most people, I know mine was, think I lost like 5lbs just from changing my diet.

Thank you I will definately take pics since you are about the 3rd 4th person telling me this :smile: