It is SO cold. Tea time! What kind do you like?

Options

Replies

• Islandgirl_Aja
    Islandgirl_Aja Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love flavia green tea with jasmine & Tazo herbal infusion it has a blend of hibiscus,lemongrass,rose hips,mango and passion fruit. Yummy!!!
  • lorelai66
    lorelai66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Where are you that it is so cold today? I am in Maine and its unusually warm outside..Like 60 ish.
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    doodh patti: boil a mug of milk, as soon as milk starts boiling, put half a tea spoon of black tea in it with sugar (if you like). Wait about 2 minuets

ilaichi chai: start boiling a mug of water, add some milk into it (as much as you prefer) with 2 pods of cardamom. As soon as it starts boiling, add 1/2 tsp of black tea with sugar. Boil for 2 more minutes,

If you take away the cardamom from the above ilaichi chai then that is regular indian chai. If you make that 1 tsp of black tea in it then it is tadak chai. If you add Jaggery in the start of boiling process in any of those chais then it becomes "gur chai" (or "gud chai")

This is how we make it in Pakistan and many areas of India.

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing - I will definitely try it out.

My favorite tea is homemade original yogi tea:

2 quarts water
    15 cloves
    20 black peppercorns
    20 green cardamon pods
    3 cinnamon sticks (4-5" ones)
    8 slices of fresh ginger (organic is stronger so you might want to put more of the bigger kind)
    - boil for an hour and fill your home with it's wonderful smell! Then turn off the heat and add:
    1 tsp of black tea leaves and let it stand.

This tea can be kept in the fridge for up to a week and reheated as needed. It's a good idea to add warm milk to your cup to help the spiciness from getting to your throat. :-)

Enjoy!
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Long Island
  • IntoQuestion
    Options
    I basically live at the local tea store in winter. It's this chain: http://www.teagschwendner.com/US/en/Homepage.TG
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love tea too. Yerba Mate, Earl Grey, Green, White. Not really into the flavored ones although Peppermint is good and helps with appetite.

I really like tea from Triple Leaf Tea.
  • rainbowharpy
    Options
    I drink tea everyday. It's the best. I don't drink many herbal teas, but the ones I do like are: Vanilla Chai Rooibos, Lemon Ginger, Peppermint (sometimes w/ some almond milk.) If you're not too worried about calories, steeping a chai teabag in apple cider is too amazing for words.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    For me, good ole Earl Grey. No added sweetner.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Earl grey with honey and lemon. :) I once had a pot of a tea called Mate Carnival at a tea shop but it closed down and I can never find it anymore. q_q
  • mytime44me
    Options
    Hot tea with milk and sugar in the morning.
    McDonald's unsweetened ice tea with a shot of Fruitopia in the afternoon.
    Peppermint tea before bed.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Long Island

HAHA I have to agree with this!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    jasmine green tea.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Bigelow has a holiday tea called Gingersnappish which is flippin' tastyyyyyyy. I am eagerly waiting for it to start showing up at the grocery store. Any day now. :drinker:
  • ashleew1117
    Options
    chai tea latte.
    130 calories but it so good, so i make sure that i limit myself (:
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like any herbal but my fav is lemon
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Earl grey is my go-to, but lately I've been liking Trader Joe's vanilla cinnamon! Mmmmmm.
  • tiffanyletnes
    tiffanyletnes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Earth - sweet & spicy with a splenda packet (a MUST if you like cinnamon)
    or
    Stash Morrocan Mint Green tea
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Uncle Lee's Jasmine Green Tea. Found it in the pharmacy section at Wal Mart. DElish!!!
  • tiffanyletnes
    tiffanyletnes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bigelow has an eggnogg tea with is delish too!
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Vanilla & Cinnamon Black Tea - liquid dessert! It's seasonal so I buy it by the case.... if I want a sweetish bit - add a tad of agave and splash of milk or cream --- heavenly