Losing too much weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• KBE1990
    Options
    Actually I have lost 15lbs in 3 days, it's possible but not healthy.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any limbs?

Hahahaha thats what I was thinking!
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2", 19 years old and have always had trouble losing weight. After seeing a shocking number on the weighing scale, I decided to start exercising religiously because I needed to lose weight.

I started this around 11 days ago, running 2-3 miles a day, weight lifting for 25 minutes and doing yoga sometimes for 30 minutes. I would exercise 4-5 days a week and my caloric intake would range from 1200-1500 calories. I have weighed myself everyday and I noticed some extremely drastic changes in weight.

Over 11 days I have lost 39 pounds. Something just doesn't feel right. It's not the scale, the scales in my home and gym both give the same weight. I have gone from 160 to now 121 pounds, but I don't look like a 121 pound woman. I seriously don't know what is going on. I think its more probable that the earth's gravitational force lessened than the possibility that I lost around 10 pounds overnight.

Please let me know!

maybe u were not eating properly or doing some weird fad dieting or fasting. This is not the healthy way to lose weight all of a sudden. Just like how u planned to lose weight, similarly go back and gain back the weight. [sorry if i was rude] =)
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    well i for one lost 30lbs in 3 weeks before...not the healthy way...stress..and not eating at all...or when i did eat i threw it up cause i was just so stressed out...

so yeah.....thats that....

but 39lbs in 11 days for someone who is 160lbs supposedly eating right and exercising? dont think so.....someone wants attention....
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2", 19 years old and have always had trouble losing weight. After seeing a shocking number on the weighing scale, I decided to start exercising religiously because I needed to lose weight.

I started this around 11 days ago, running 2-3 miles a day, weight lifting for 25 minutes and doing yoga sometimes for 30 minutes. I would exercise 4-5 days a week and my caloric intake would range from 1200-1500 calories. I have weighed myself everyday and I noticed some extremely drastic changes in weight.

Over 11 days I have lost 39 pounds. Something just doesn't feel right. It's not the scale, the scales in my home and gym both give the same weight. I have gone from 160 to now 121 pounds, but I don't look like a 121 pound woman. I seriously don't know what is going on. I think its more probable that the earth's gravitational force lessened than the possibility that I lost around 10 pounds overnight.

Please let me know!
    That is a lot of weight to lose in 11 days considering you were not extremely overweight. I believe a visit to your doctor is in order. If you did lose that much weight you need to make sure all your enzymes and other blood work is good. If it was a lot of water then you need to find out why at your age and weight you were carrying so much water.

^^THIS -- please make a doctor's appointment, something isn't right.
  • tommigirl4u
    Options
    I agree with the others that your original weight was probably wrong. I had gastric bypass surgery & didn't even lose that much my first month & I was pretty much on all liquids still & under 600 calories a day.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it.

I lost almost that much in my first two weeks. Look at how restricted her calories are.
    I don't believe you either.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    write a book and make millions!
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Losing 3.5 pounds a day? I can't imagine this is good...
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    seems legit
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You must have caught a flesh eating disease
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    OH Oh I know I know. You weighed yourself with your clothes on then you took all your clothes off 11 days later. It's and awesome motivational trick that we all do. The fact that it worked with you and you bought it, priceless.

Or Yoga- the ultimate enema. <screams out> These Pipes are CLEAN!!!:happy:
  • kscott2008
    kscott2008 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There is no way
  • ritziroy
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I agree with you, I don't believe it either. Made a doctor's appointment but it is weeks away. I'll let you know what I hear if you're still interested then :D

BTW, thanks for the humor... no I haven't lost any limbs lol
  • jbirdjr70
    Options
    running 2-3 miles, 25 minutes of weight lifting and a hour of yoga is not going to burn the 13,600 calories in a day needed to lose that amount of weight.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    BS

Someone that only weighs 160 pounds is not going to drop to 120 that quickly. Nice try though.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Smells a little fishy in here...:huh:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it.

I lost almost that much in my first two weeks. Look at how restricted her calories are.

I can't see her diary. But I was on 480 calories at one time, working out 4 times per week, and I didn't lose anywhere near that fast. So my comment remains the same - I don't believe it.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I agree with you, I don't believe it either. Made a doctor's appointment but it is weeks away. I'll let you know what I hear if you're still interested then :D

BTW, thanks for the humor... no I haven't lost any limbs lol
    How many weeks away? Did you tell them why you need an appointment? If not, call them back and tell them. Try to get in sooner.
  • illuminatedms
    Options
    If you lost a quarter of your weight, you'd notice a fairly profound change in your body. So, my guess would be that the initial measurement was off for some reason.

That said, bodies can just do weird things. I lost 10 pounds in like three days starting a new medication. I gained it all back pretty soon afterwards, since that just wasn't healthy or normal. But still . . .