no food after 7 pm

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you're not eating something at 5:26. All food that is consumed at 5:26 immediately turns into fat cells, has babies and multiplies in your tummy and thighs. So be careful.

This is a great question. I think the vote is that it doesnt matter when you eat as long as youre within your calorie specific requirement. I actually eat my meals with my eyes closed while thinking healthy thoughts. it works great!!!

I predict an ER visit with a fork injury to your face in your future. Stay safe!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, as long as you're not eating something at 5:26. All food that is consumed at 5:26 immediately turns into fat cells, has babies and multiplies in your tummy and thighs. So be careful.

This is a great question. I think the vote is that it doesnt matter when you eat as long as youre within your calorie specific requirement. I actually eat my meals with my eyes closed while thinking healthy thoughts. it works great!!!

I predict an ER visit with a fork injury to your face in your future. Stay safe!

Practice safe eating... use condiments!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    All I know is that you shouldn't urinate more than every four hours. If you go more often you bladder doesn't have time to reset itself and thusly gets weaker and weaker until you're just pissing yourself all. the. time.

So is THIS why I piddle during dead lifts??
  • auroranflash
    Options
    All I know is that you shouldn't urinate more than every four hours. If you go more often you bladder doesn't have time to reset itself and thusly gets weaker and weaker until you're just pissing yourself all. the. time.

In this case, I would say you are actually intimidating your bladder by being so awesome and deadlifting. You may need to blindfold it while you deadlift so you don't scare it so badly.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Are you sure it's piddle and not love serum? Cause I have a little serum leakage when I watch you deadlift.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

In this case, I would say you are actually intimidating your bladder by being so awesome and deadlifting. You may need to blindfold it while you deadlift so you don't scare it so badly.

Or this.... Awesomesauce *smooches*
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Heard that to lose weight and help your body digesting fore going to bed it's important not to eat after 6-7 pm does it work or u just need to wait 2-3 hours after dinner to go to bed?
    That's absurd. What if you get off work at 8pm and you haven't had dinner yet?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    thought it was no food before midnight, no water, and avoid the bright light...
    Gremlins.jpg \m/
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I eat at 7 8 or 10pm sometimes depending on my sched and I've still lost weight *shrugs* Good luck !
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i have always found that if i eat something before bed, when i wake up the next morning i am still full from what i had before i went to bed.... does this happen to anyone else or am i just going even more crazy?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Do you really think your body knows when 7:00 comes along? Not really.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    So, really the bottom line is, it doesn't matter what time you're eating, just eat. At a deficit. Find a routine that works for you and stick with it.
  • auroranflash
    Options
    Do you really think your body knows when 7:00 comes along? Not really.

9077783.jpg
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, as long as it fits in with my daily calorie goal it's all good
  • glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I choose not to eat after 7:00pm for two reasons. I generally will have all my allotted calories in for the day already. Two, if I think I can eat after 7:00pm, it opens up a door to naughty eating behavior. So if I just say, "Nothing after 7:00pm.", I don't need to make the choice of eating something that would be dangerous, lol.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options

That explains EVERYTHING. Lol!
  • selmer22
    selmer22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Actually for acid reflux sufferers, not eating 2-3 hours before bed is recommended, and I find it helps my reflux.

On the health/weight loss front, I think 7pm-midnight is a tough time for a lot of folks to stay on track... I think it works much better to not eat after 7pm if you go to bed early. I know a bodybuilder who eats every couple hours, but he has to maintain a calorie intake of lean proteins.

I doubt there are many people who are not losing weight because they are eating salads at 10pm.

I don't think not eating after 7pm is the deal breaker, I would bet that many people have had success who eat after that time, it's just a healthy practice (provided you are getting all your nutrients and eating healthy meals)

Thanks for the tip about Acid Reflux. This is information I needed. :smile:
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with that second point when I go to bed hungry I really wake up not feeling hungry and it is the opposite of when I eat just before bed time. I wonder what the science for that is?

Of course I struggle to sleep on a hungry stomach so it is hard to keep it going.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I choose not to eat after 7:00pm for two reasons. I generally will have all my allotted calories in for the day already. Two, if I think I can eat after 7:00pm, it opens up a door to naughty eating behavior. So if I just say, "Nothing after 7:00pm.", I don't need to make the choice of eating something that would be dangerous, lol.
    I eat great all day and then sit on the couch with DH and eat crap in the evening. I really need to stop eating at 8pm so that I don't fall into the couch-calorie-trap. It's purely psychological for me though.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    i have always found that if i eat something before bed, when i wake up the next morning i am still full from what i had before i went to bed.... does this happen to anyone else or am i just going even more crazy?

That happens to me too. And contrarily, if I don't eat anything after dinner, then I wake up starving!