raise my self esteem

Options
okay so im am still in high school and when i look around i feel as if all the other girls are just so much better, and im constantly comparing myself to others and putting myself down. i play volleyball, basketball, swim, and track. i feel like im just not attracting guys and that you know like im just never going to be good enough. i feel like im always the chaser never the one getting chased. i really need to raise my confidence. can someone give me some tips??::frown:

Replies

• cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    No one else can ever be you. Be the most awesome version of YOU that you can be and be happy doing what you love.

You will enjoy your life and other people will see that...and will want to enjoy your life with you!

:)
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    All those other girls are feeling the same thing you feel. They may not show it and they may even deny it, but they are all going through the same thing. Keep focused on your goals; especially the academic ones! And no matter what goals you have, make sure you are setting them for YOURSELF and not to impress anyone else. Boys have never been proven to raise anyone's confidence. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure they were the demise of mine in high school. Have fun, enjoy your high school years, and remember that boys have cooties. :)
  • AmbieSweetz
    AmbieSweetz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    All those other girls are feeling the same thing you feel. They may not show it and they may even deny it, but they are all going through the same thing. Keep focused on your goals; especially the academic ones! And no matter what goals you have, make sure you are setting them for YOURSELF and not to impress anyone else.

^^^EXACTLY!! And honestly enjoy it because it means nothing when you're in the real world!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You have your whole life ahead of you
    Think hard about your goals
    what career do you want to have
    You are a very important person!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It's called "self" esteem...nevermind
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    High School is only a phase of your life. Don't worry about boys or the other girls. Just do well in school so you can attend a university. Then you will have so much fun. Right now just focus on you and who you are.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It's called "self" esteem...nevermind

I believe Katt Williams said something to this effect. Sayin'!
  • 2abnorth
    2abnorth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You may "feel" that others ae "better" than you. Does that really mean they are?? You cannot judge yourself this way. You are very active and that is super. But unless you take pride in you, don't expect it from others. Take stock of all your good traits and believe in yourself. High school is a hard time, but I can assure you, when you define who YOU are, all the rest is secondary. You don't need a boyfriend to make you feel fantastic. If you aren't happy alone, you will not be happy with someone else. Once you are happy alone, the "right" guy will take notice of the self assured girl.

Be yourself, take pride in yourself, and the rest will come. There will be so much more for you in this life if you remember that. We've all been there, and there's likely a ton of girls your age that feel the same way. Chin up!:smile:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Welcome to life.

We're glad to have you.