Running App suggestions needed

Options
Hi all! I have finished the C25K and was a little thrown off the first time I went to run without it. I was so used to that app taking care of everything I needed. sigh..... So now I am looking for a good app for iPhone 4 to replace it.

Items it must have: ability to track time, distance
Items I would like for it to have: put my music playlist in, free would be good
Items that I am not concerned about: HRM (I have a heart condition that makes these unreliable)

I know there are lots of apps available but I am looking for advice from a community who has been using them and is familiar with their pros and cons.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• SweeeetShauna
    Options
    I use runkeeper. It tracks time and distance and pace. You can add your playlist as well. It is free. :)
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love ismoothrun - it's only available for the iphone so they've put a lot of effort into optimising it for that system. Endomondo's good too, and syncs with mfp which is fun. I do find the calorie amounts burned on both are off without using a HRM, but I think that's the same for any app.
    They both do all you want and more, and you can get free versions of both so I advise downloading and playing with them!
  • koppertone
    koppertone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good ones but I use runkeeper as well. It has a number of built in training programs (I'm using the 5k one right now) that it guides you through. It also gives you progress during your run (ie. total time, distance run, etc)
  • nikimae31
    Options
    I use Endomondo. There is a free and a paid app for it. The free app is perfect for me. You have options of what kind of exercise you do, walking, running, cycling, etc. I've tried a couple others, and this is the easiest to use, and the most reliable.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I like Runkeeper, that is the one I started with. But I found that the GPS would have a hard time "seeing" me when I was in the trees. So I switched to Sport Tracker. That one works great, and I haven't had any GPS issues. Both have websites you can use as well. I also just downloaded iSmoothrun, I haven't used it yet, but I know that one will play your music. Good luck!