New and looking for your weight loss knowledge!

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been on mfp before, but now I'm back on this site because even though I thought I could do it on my own, I ended up gaining weight when I stopped counting calories.
Now I'm counting my calories and eating SUPER healthy, and I'm also exercising 3 times a week (1 hour each session), and my weight WON'T drop. I'm getting really depressed and stressed about it. I need the support and knowledge of people here who are successful at their weight loss, because apparently I'm not.

Here's what I typically eat in a day:

Breakfast (8:00): 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese, 1 cup of coffee with a dash of skim milk
Snack (10:00): 1 apple
Lunch (12:00): 200g extra lean ground turkey with 1/2 cup of quinoa, 10-12 unsalted cashews
Snack (2:00): 1/2 avocado
Snack (5:00): 1/2 cup of greek plain yogurt 0%
Pre-workout snack: 1 cup of raspberries
Dinner: 200g of tilapia with 2 cups of steamed broccoli/cauliflower

Any input, friend request, inbox messages will be MORE than welcomed!!!!

Poomkin xo

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat and muscles absorb water to heal after a workout. Take your measurements and compare them after a while. Don't focus only on the scale...it lies. Focus on how your feel and how your clothes are fitting. Your diet looks great and I wouldn't change a thing. Keep doing what you're doing and you will see the scale move in the right direction. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am not an expert but maybe not enough cal's! Looks healthy though!
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    Definetly looks healthy.. but I agree with previous post.. not enough calories! About how many is that? Friend me if you want!
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's usually around 1300-1400 cals
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My 1290 looks like more food than you eat...
  • Ginger_Poomkin
    Ginger_Poomkin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My 1290 looks like more food than you eat...

What do you mean?
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My advice is to always eat back your exercise calories, drink plenty PLENTY of water, take measurements of your body, & don't focus so much on that number on the scale!!
    When I first started it took me forever to lose that first 10 pounds (everyone is different) & it frustrated me to NO END. but once I just kept at it I started to see a difference. just remember that every day is one step closer to your goal! be patient!