Thanksgiving meals

Options
how many of you plan to log your meals on Thanksgiving? I think it would be way too difficult considering all the different ingredients people use in food. Just curious.

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I'm still undecided. I am thinking I will take this day off, and just make sure to get a really nice walk in (plus a workout on Wed and Fri :)). But I'm not sure. I am kind of compulsive about logging right now.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I will track all my food regardless of what day it is.
  • okinmaine
    okinmaine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with you......logging is so hard when you don't know ingredients. I am starting the day with a morning Giving Thanks Zumba class. One way to make the day not so deadly is to chose those things that are unique to the day. I can have mashed potatoes any day BUT Mom's stuffing is a once a year treat. I;ll wait til I go to my MIL's to have apple pie because her's is the BEST. Make conscious choices then STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE!! Lots of water too!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have a C25K run on both Wednesday and Friday, and I plan to take a nice long walk/jog on Thursday afternoon. As far as the food goes, I'm just gonna try to make good decisions. I don't plan to log Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm going to log everything else.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like that advice ok!!
  • EveMother
    Options
    I usually log everything to the point of obsession but everyone needs a day off. I'll be doing all the cooking and clean up afterward, which actually burns a lot of calories, and I'll be having normal sized portions of things instead of going nuts. I'm going to be skipping lunch that day, since I usually have dinner around 2 or 3 pm instead of the normal time. I think it will all even out and one day of indulgence won't undo 10 months of work. Happy Turkey Day!!!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Uk so no Thanksgiving but I will be logging on Christmas day out of curiosity and just to stop me going totally overboard. I shall be aiming for maintenance cals on Christmas day though, not 'loss' cals.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I will have to estimate if I decide to have Thanksgiving dinner with my family... Or I may decide to bring a Tofurky for myself and anyone who wants a non meat alternative...
  • Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure yet. Conceivably I could since I am doing almost all the coking and I will know what ingredients there are, but realistically, I am not sure I really want to know what I am consuming that day.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Quick add 10,000,000 calories. Let's goooo!
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im a nurse and im going to try like heck to work a double on thansgiving to avoid everyone asking me over to their house where ill be temped to eat everything,including the kitchen sink..if i stay home im making a boneless pork loin roast wrapped in a pastry puff.. will probably have potatoes and some sort of vegatable with it .
  • Marinayes
    Marinayes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Since I am cooking, I will try to be good. Turkey is really very low fat and delicious if you don't slather it in butter. I will not make a gravy...I will serve au jus from the pan. I have to make mashed potatoes for my daughter (she requested) so that will be full of fat and salt so I will bake some sweet potatoes for myself in addition. I will eat stuffing (can't help it) and for desert there will be pumpkin pie (one with and one without crust). I figure I can get away with only eating about 900-1000 calories that meal and still be full and happy. Good luck to everyone else.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    how many of you plan to log your meals on Thanksgiving? I think it would be way too difficult considering all the different ingredients people use in food. Just curious.

For those that count calories just find an entry that is similar to what you ate. There are no absolutes, everything with calorie counting is based on estimates.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am. I can get a rough estimate at least.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I am. I can get a rough estimate at least.

Yeah, at first I said I wasn't going to log but I think I can get good ballpark estimates if I do. I'm doing a 5K in the morning, and I want to have stuff that I can't have every day (mom's cranberry stuffing, etc) but I also want to log so I don't go completely overboard.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Quick add 10,000,000 calories. Let's goooo!

^^ This x2!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot. I think the effort of paying attention to how much i put in my mouth is more important than accurately knowing the calories in each dish. I'm planning to eat at maintenance and workout that day, so I'll have plenty of calories!
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    logging it all. a rough estimate is better than no estimate. It doesn't matter what day it is, food is food is food. if you eat over, who cares? log it anyway.
  • LucilleHighball
    LucilleHighball Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a 10k that morning, so I can log it all, without feeling guilty. I plan to have a big helping of greek yogurt before I go to my friends place. I think that plus lots of water will make it somewhat doable.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    I will def try to log it as best as I can. I never end up eating nearly as much as I anticipate. So, it will be interesting to log Thanksgiving this year:)