HELP! That cookie looks so good!

Options
Hi everybody! I'm on a 1200 calorie diet but i'm having trouble keeping this goal when there are so many temptations around me! Does anybody have any tricks? Feel free to add me, the more motivation the better! Thanks! :)

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Exercise to give yourself more calorie allowance, then you can eat that cookie without feeling bad.
  • Don't buy unhealthy food, keep it out of your house.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    dont eat the cookies..figure something out for yourself but dont eat the cookies
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    The best way to be able to stick to your goal is not to deprive yourself of foods you enjoy, you can have them once in a while and just fit it into your calories and macros for the day. Also, I would consider upping your intake so you have a little more flexibility with your diet. Considering your stats, at 1200 calories, you are probably at a fairly large deficit.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Eat more of low calorie foods. I stick to around 1200 cals most days and am never hungry and don't crave junk. When I want something sweet, I eat grapes. Avoid the unhealthy food altogether and you won't even think about it anymore.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you're hanging out for a cookie - eat it. Just one, then give (or throw) the rest away.
    For me, depriving myself of something that I'm craving just makes me feel deprived and cranky and obsessed with food. Eating a little bit of it lets me move on and forget about it.

I'd also add - is there a good reason you are only eating 1200 cals? For many people that is unnecessarily low and not really sustainable. It might be that you just aren't eating enough food (any food!) which means that it's going to be even harder to resist those unhealthy choices.