Teen weight loss

Options
Hello everyone :)
I started my journey on MFP 2 days ago.(I think)
I'm trying to lose 30 pounds And I need some motivations and friends Because i'm feeling little alone here.
Thanks!!
BTW I'm 18.

Replies

• EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Cause this says teen weight loss and you're not supposed to be on this website if you're under 18 I don't think.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    no offense and good luck in your quest to lose some weight but at 18 years old you shouldnt need motivation to do anything...
  • DarkLuca
    DarkLuca Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about, Everyone needs motivation.
    It doesn't matter how old you are to get motivated.
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I struggled with weight in HS. I am 30 now, and losing pregnancy weight, but pounds are pounds! I am on daily and am very dedicated!!
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

through my teens and 20's i had all the energy in the world and nobody needed to motivate me to do anything i wanted to do... unfortunately working out wasnt one of the things i wanted to do though
  • celinag96
    celinag96 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    that was you but that doesn't mean that's everybody. 30.4 percent of teenagers are overweight, and 15.5 percent of teens are obese. Don't you think they would need motivation. js
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

through my teens and 20's i had all the energy in the world and nobody needed to motivate me to do anything i wanted to do... unfortunately working out wasnt one of the things i wanted to do though

Good for you. I spent half my teens being depressed and feeling sorry for myself. Laughable in hindsight perhaps as having grown past it I can look back and see I was just another woe is me emo teen, but it felt very real at the time, and whilst I might joke about it now, motivating myself to do anything when in that state was anything but easy. And it's certainly not out of the ordinary. You =/= everyone else.
  • ai1992
    ai1992 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YOU are extremely rude amann1976! This kid is on here trying to get help and you are being a complete bully. Last I heard, the MFP community is about helping and encouraging others. Not bullying them. Grow up. Act YOUR age... 36? Teen obesity is a serious problem. Everybody is here for help. If you're not willing to give it, move on. Don't write some rude condescending comment to make yourself feel better. That's just sad. Everyone is here for the exact same reasons. To be healthy and CHANGE their habits.
  • Shahaddd
    Options
    I'm 17 and trying to lose 30 pounds too!!! feel free to message me :)
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    hey i'm dana and i'm 18 too:D i added you! and don't feel lonely, there's a ton of great people out here who will support you!