Random - Have you ever lived in or visited Australia??

Options
Roderunr
Roderunr Posts: 65 Member
My husband and I recently started talking about moving to Australia! We have some friends already there and I'm doing some research but wanted to reach out to see if there were any tips from my MFP friends/groups! Do any of you live there? :smile:

Replies

• lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yep, sure do :)
  • RopenChoke
    RopenChoke Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't live there but I've visited Sydney, Darwin, Brisbon, and Townsville. I absolutely love it there. The people are terrific and very hospitable.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Oh wait.

Yes.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Spent my senior year in highschool in Melbourne. Loved it!
  • bankmd
    bankmd Posts: 20
    Options
    I have visited Perth, Darwin, Uluru, and Carnes. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband and I have visited Australia. I loved the country and the people. I would like to go again but the trip is expensive and 17 hours in a plane is hard to take for me.

I would suggest that before you decide to move there (or any where), first visit for a month and see if you like it. Good luck!
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Live in New Zealand, but visit Australia most years for work, play, holidays. Mainly visit Gold Coast or Queensland, but we like the beaches / warm weather :) Go there, you wont regret it!
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Australia is a very big country, much like the US, and varies considerably in terms of culture, job availability etc. depending on where in the country you live.

It's a nice enough place for the most part :) I'm looking to get out, but that's due to personal circumstances more than anything.
  • oosaah
    oosaah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I live in Brisbane and it's my favorite place I've ever lived in (I also spent quite a few years in New York, Kenya, and the Philippines). Australia is amazing.
  • travisleanne
    Options
    I live in melbourne, and have done for my entire life. Love the city but the weather has someting to be desired!
    We can get all 4 seasons in 1 day... its very unpredictable.
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I live in QLD Australia. I'm biased but I think it's a fantastic country.. :-D Where are you thinking about moving to?
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Perth, Western Australia my whole life and it's gorgeous! Not too big compared to the other cities in the country which is nice. The weather is almost always beautiful and it's a wonderful place to raise a family.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    yes! i went there when i was 13 but i was afraid i was gonna die because of all the poisonous animals lol! i got over that and had a great time:D
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I live in Melbourne, was born and raised on the Mornington Peninsula. I love it :-)
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm from Vancouver and I spent 9 weeks there more than a few years ago but I loved it there. I spent time in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin and the Gold Coast...each city is very different so I agree to visit before you decide but it's beautiful and an easy transition from Canada. My mom lived in Brisbane for a few years and loved it!!
  • I live in Perth. It's a beautiful city, not as bustling as Melbourne and Sydney and lets face it, we have the best weather and beaches in the world :P
  • m3dreamer2011
    Options
    I live in QLD and love it!!! Happy to answer any questions you may have :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I live in Adelaide, South Australia - it's hot hot in summer (dry heat), we have the 2nd deadliest snake in the world (which have been hanging around my yard & killed 1 of my cats!), lots of spiders - creepy crawlies.

A visit would be the best course of action. My step-dad is American. He's lived here since he was 21 - he has lived in Australia 27yrs so technically he calls Oz home.
    He loves it here & he sometimes misses 'home' but he remembers when he went back to live for a year (not that long ago), & just reinforces how much he loves living in Australia.
  • spangey13
    Options
    I live in Perth. It's a beautiful city, not as bustling as Melbourne and Sydney and lets face it, we have the best weather and beaches in the world :P

Oooohhhh what about New Zealand beaches! :tongue: Although, I'm not going to argue with you that you have better weather.
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I live in Perth, Western Australia....there is nothing here.....besides nice beaches if thats your thing...it also gets fricking hot....im not a summer person so im always chasing the cold >.<

Ill be hopefully moving to seattle at the end of jan :happy: :happy: