Went on a binge :(

Options
Did anyone else have a horrible case of the Mondays? I had a horrible day, hated every minute of work and went to the gym after work. I don't know what it is but Mondays are always the days where all the pretty girls are at the gym. I go almost every day and swear these girls are never there except on Mondays I got on the treadmill to start my walk but I felt like my body weighed so much I could hardly lift myself up. I decided to move to the arc trainer then felt the same an finally decided on the exercise bike. I worked out about 20 minutes then just got up and left. I left! I always work out at least 40 mins of cardio and weights when I go but I just felt so "over it."

I then decided I really wanted some Chinese food so I went to my favorite old place (where I hadn't been since early July). I ordered the sesame chicken with fried rice and an egg roll. I squeezed into the booth (barely) and waited for my food. I felt like everyone in there was looking at me, the fat girl and her fried food dinner. When it came the food was so hot I burned my mouth a bit with the first bite but I kept on eating. It tasted ****ing fantastic, better than I remembered. I ate every last piece. Then on the way home McDonald's had a sign for the eggnog shake so I decided why not top off the night with a small shake? I felt so full I just came home laid down in bed and cried.

I think tomorrow I am going to make an appointment with someone because my problem is emotional eating. I just want to have someone tell me it will all be ok. I feel like such a failure.

Replies

• AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    First off I think you are smart in recognizing that you have a problem with emotional eating. I used to be right there with you. Food is where I found my comfort and what I went to when I was upset. Sad, but very very true. I promise it will be ok though! Everyone has a day where they fall of the bike, but the important thing is that you get up, dust yourself off, and get right back on and start riding again! Shake off the bad day and promise yourself that you aren't going to let the slip up define you and your ability to ultimately succeed in achieving your weight loss goals. I know you can do it! We all have our bad days, but we can't let those bad days dictate how the rest of them turn out. :smile:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    i checked your diary and you were over by just 300 calories.You need 3500 calories to gain a pound!! It wil take a while( more like years of control) for you to be totally under control of your emotional eating..everyone drifts once in a while even those who have lost more than 100 pounds..but the reason why their weight loss lasts is that they can forgive themselves,dust off and move forward.Dont sweat over it..burn off extra 300 calories today and you are even :)
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I binged today in the middle of the Afternoon with an 12 hour shift ahead of me @ work. Ended up about 200 calories over my goal.
  • mstocks80
    mstocks80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Girl you should be so proud of what you have accomplished. You have lost weight...so what you are doing is working. Don't let one bad evening (it wasn't the whole day...just part of it) ruin your confidence! You are amazing and strong. The fact that you recognize having a binge problem...is the first step to fixing it. I personally just started back to MFP today due to the fact that I lost 20 lbs and GAINED ALL OF IT BACK!! :( I got depressed and left MFP...then the other day I caught myself having a snack...and another snack...and another...and another. I was full but just couldn't stop shoving food in my mouth!! I have an appt. with a psychiatrist on Thursday. I have to get things in my head figured out before I can get the rest of me in shape :) BUT together...we so got this! Keep up your good work and just work off those calories today ;)
  • Arrow_31
    Options
    losing weight is hard business without being a comfort eater... as such you need double the strength to fight those urges...

when things were going wrong I felt the need to eat (and I still do)... not only sweets but anything edible that catches my eye... after munching anything that caught my glimpse I would feel better for a while... but soon enough I would feel bad again and even worse when it came to mind what I have done... great disappointment to say the least... :/

coping with emotional issues is not easy... but somehow you have to find the strength to stop ruining your silhouette in the meantime.... you have to put some effort into it... a lot actually.... :)

what I do?... I don't stock pile food in the cupboards and fridge anymore to avoid temptation... I buy lots of fruit for home and office... when I'm feeling blue I try to go out... see friends, go for a coffee, visit a bookshop to find a good book etc...
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    *A* binge? When you're doing it every day you have a problem. Give yourself a slap and start again.
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pffft. That was yesterday. Today is a NEW day. Pick yourself back up and get moving. Any movement forward is good, no one said you have to be exactly at or under your daily calories every-single-day. You went over by like 300 calories, seriously no biggie. If you factor in other days when you were under calories, everything evens out and you actually come out ahead.

Seeing someone about your emotional eating is probably a good idea. Hopefully you can get a better understand of why you turn to food to feel better. Then you can learn strategies to avoid to pitfalls of binging.

Hang in there girl. Make today a kick-*kitten* day.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you had a weak moment hun it happens. you know you've done it and your getting on the right track by trying to talk to someone :) keep your chin up today is a new day!
  • AbigailClarke1948
    Options
    No wonder you are such a failure..
    you just give up every time by crying and hope people here will say "it's okay"

Well It's not okay.
    If you think you eat to much or you are too fat then work you *kitten* off
    take no excuse

Mean. Don't agree with your method of "motivation".
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I posted this the other day about going ona binge. i think it might help you. I had a huge binge, but then was smart the rest of the day, and saw how everything even outs on the average. Look. This was before I ate sundays cals. But still I ended up finishing that week 23 cals under average.

Just learn from your errors and realise that in the grand scheme of things, a day doesnt mean jack *kitten*.

E9C63F9B-6CDB-4D3E-9586-909E7D000DDD-11822-00000C5109C525D6.jpg
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So you were 300 calories over for that day. But you were 5-600 calories under for the two days before it. You're still at a calorie deficit. I don't see what you're worried about? ?? Not trying to be rude! Just asking!
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Are you for real ? .....Keyboard warrior
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're feeling pretty normal (and a bit sorry for yourself). Do you think everyone here eats perfectly every single day of their life. Not happening. My whole weekend sucked. I ate Mexican, Outback, apple pie and coffee cake. Am I back at healthy again - yep. This is not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. I'm not giving up everything I love for the rest of my life. I am learning to eat in moderation, and to make allowances for occasional splurges. Do I occasionally emotionally eat - yep. Do I get back on the good eating train - yep. Lighten
    up. Learn from this an get back at it.
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Sorry but that is not motivational that's just rude!
    If you have nothing constructive to say don't say anything!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I think that your site name is so sad. You are calling yourself fat. So, why not think of yourself as thin. Imagine it in your mind. That is who you truely are. Stick with it and then change your name to THIN. :heart:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Whilst even by my standards that seems excessively blunt, I accept the point. There's way too much niceness and back-slapping in this place. I get people wanting to seem nice and supportive, but sometimes people just need to hear it as it is, not dressed up in some faux-sympathetic patronising way.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Says the girl who's HW was 60kg.....that's my goal!

If you can't relate and don't have anything nice to say, then don't
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you need professional help for your emotional eating, you probably do--good for you for getting to that point of self-realization.

As for your binge, it happens. Every time I step on the scale and it's gone up one it puts me off for my whole day--even when I know it's just water and will be gone in a day or so. Most times I can get a good ornery "I'll show YOU" attitude from it and work even harder towards my goal. Some days I just feel like throwing up my hands and saying "what's the use?" You know what, we are imperfect human beings who wouldn't be on this page if we had made only good choices our whole lives.

The point is to make the best choices we can from this point forward. "After all, tamarrah is anutha day!"
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Well It's not okay.
    take no excuse

Whilst even by my standards that seems excessively blunt, I accept the point. There's way too much niceness and back-slapping in this place. I get people wanting to seem nice and supportive, but sometimes people just need to hear it as it is, not dressed up in some faux-sympathetic patronising way.

I agree with you with most posts on MFP but in a post where someone seems emotionally fragile that tactic will have the reverse affect and only making the issue worse - there is a difference between motivation and support
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was only over by 300 because I estimated my calories I went to a local place that isn't in the database.