What are did you/are you having for breakfast!

Options
13»

Replies

• cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I had 1 lg egg fried hard, 1.5 oz ham, 2 slices of 35 cal wheat bread as a sandwich with a bit of mustard for 207 calories.
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    I had: Oatmeal Cearel (not the instant kind), with Yogurt mixed in.
    1/4 cup of blueberries
    1 hard boiled egg.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    Haha with no finesse whatsoever, thats how! I was craving pancakes AND a pbj once, this happened, haven't looked back since :)

Put 1/2 cup oatmeal steel cut/old fashioned and a few tbs bisquick heart healthy baking mix (or any heealthy kind ya like!) in your bowl

Put enough water so that it looks right (informative, i knoW! :laugh: )

Maybe a tbs or 2 of sugar free syrup (you can have like 1/4 cup for 30 or 40 cals...so i put a little in before and a little of that after)

Cook in microwave a few min. Add 2 tbs natural pb and 2 natural preserves and whatever else...the rest of the syrup or some brown sugar. I know it sounds gross... its not :smile:
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Bump, I need breakfast ideas! Thanks for posting this.
  • aisha11188
    Options
    Almost exactly what I had ;-)
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying my coffee right and will make egg white omelette with spinach, tomatoes, a little cheese and toast!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    "Does the spinach blend well in the smoothie, or is it kind of gritty? "

It actually does to well... and one reason i use frozen strawberries, blueberries, etc is to add texture to balance out the spinach... you can't really taste it but it gives you good nutrients!!

:o)
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had malt-o-meal with honey and 1/2 of a Thomas Better Start English muffin with a pat of butter. I eat a lot of carbs in the morning before my hard mid-morning workout.
  • ashdav2010
    Options
    1c Fiber One Honey Clusters and 1/2c skim milk for 200 cals...I love this cereal in the morning :)
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Weekends-1c Fiber One Honey Clusters w/ 1 cup Blue Diamond Milk 200 cal.
    Weekdays- Fiber One bar 140 cal.
    Everyday..tons of coffee, splash of Blue Diamond.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I've always LOVED cereal but since I've been overweight (at least the last ten years) it was never worth the calories! But lately I've found a way!

1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (I make my own by putting plain yogurt through a screen style coffee filter) mixed with 1 tbs maple syrup and then I add a half cup Fiber One Caramel just before I eat so it's still crunchy! OMG is it AMAZING!

My other standard breakfast is 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with some fruit- like 1/3 cup frozen blueberries or some pineapple...

Occasionally I'll have a soft boiled egg on fiber bread, or an egg cup (diced veggies a wedge of Laughing Cow and an egg in a custard cup - baked for about ten minutes in a toaster oven).

Leftovers make great breakfasts too! We eat a lot of Frittatas and those reheat beautifully!
  • medtrans79
    Options
    homemade smoothie: apple (peeled), frozen strawberries, chunk fresh pineapple, handful of fresh spinach plus some cinnamon - love cinnamon... so good and really quite filling!!

How much of each ingredients are you using. This sounds like a great breakfast and would love to try it. I could list on one hand how many vegetables I eat so this is definitely a great way to "hide" it in the food and get some good nutrients.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    I was feeling extravagant so I had 2 muffets with fresh strawberries and 2 tbsp of cool whip free. (I LOVE strawberries!)
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had scrambled egg beaters with cayenne pepper, and carnation intant breakfast with skim milk. I wont do that again, because I was hungry in an hour. No more liquid breakfasts for me!!
  • ambie2010
    Options
    i had an everything bagel with cream cheese and a coffee at tim hortons..................