What do you do......

Options
What do you do on those days that you awaken and your brain is yelling that you can't do this, it's not worth it, this is stupid, and you should just quit now rather than being disappointed later?

On the surface, I know I've made progress and that it is slow. I also do not feel deprived as I'm eating smaller portions of everything I want. Over the next few weeks, I want to transition to cleaner eating. I also understand that the scale will always vacillate on weigh-in days.

And yet, some days that knowledge doesn't seem like enough. On those days, what motivates you?

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    What do you do on those days that you awaken and your brain is yelling that you can't do this, it's not worth it, this is stupid, and you should just quit now rather than being disappointed later?

On the surface, I know I've made progress and that it is slow. I also do not feel deprived as I'm eating smaller portions of everything I want. Over the next few weeks, I want to transition to cleaner eating. I also understand that the scale will always vacillate on weigh-in days.

And yet, some days that knowledge doesn't seem like enough. On those days, what motivates you?

Knowing that if I give up, I'm no better off then what i was before. So stressed, so crazed, if you find your inner chi, control yourself, discipline, you will not feel like this. It doesn't happen overnight, and it doesn't come easy. Mastering your mind is far harder and easier then anything you will ever do.
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! For the first couple of months after I started on MFP, I lost a half pound to a pound a week. Then I hit a wall and for four weeks I stayed the same. I was very frustrated. I decided to keep walking and watching what I eat, and see what happened. Instead of the scale going down, I noticed my clothes getting looser. Ok, I can handle that. I discovered that even when the scales weren't moving, I was loosing inches! Now, the pounds are coming off again, but my measurements are not changing much. I guess it is one or the other. I started my weightloss in June of this year at 201 lbs. This morning I weight 168.5! I finally made it to the 160's. That was my goal for Thanksgiving. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm getting there.

Don't give up! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • scpeach04
    scpeach04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can do it... tell yourself it's the little steps that make it to the big accomplishments! You're doing a great job already and imagine how much better you'll feel if you transition to a cleaner eating lifestyle!!

You've come so far already - I'm here anytime - afterall I think we're so close in terms of our goals too!!

Molly
  • crennells
    crennells Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have those days frequently where nothing seems to go right.
    This I what I have seen.....first the week before Aunt flow comes to visit I do not even weigh in anymore. The scale stops or goes up because I retain tons of water.

So I only weigh in about twice a month. Number one it leads to less disappointment chances but each time I see a bigger payback. This does not work for everyone. You have to know that you are doing great everyday to make this work.

Secondly I also have learned as someone stated before they noticed the scale is not moving but they were loosing inches.
    I tend to go in a cycle my body loses lbs for a few weeks then my weight stabilizes but I seem to loose inches then a few weeks later the lbs seem to melt off again.

This I have been told by both my Dr and trainer is normal. The scale seems to stop when you are building muscle mass. Muscle weighs more than the fat you are burning so when building muscle mass your weight stabilizes. When your body gets used to the new mass then your muscles relax for a bit and you burn and the lbs drop.

Being Patient is hard but so maybe try another measurement. When the scale seems to stop measure your waist.
    Also consider the other effects you are getting from these small changes.

Such as more energy, better sleep, less stress, better outlook.

I also have a pinterest board for my goal cloths. I have a new cloths goal every 25 lbs and I pick out what I am going to buy myself that is new and smaller. As well as my final new wardrobe I will need when I hit my final goal weight.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    rbnHi.gif
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    On the days that I get up feeling like that, I try extra hard to make a it a really good day. I eat super healthy, and try to get in a little more exercise. Then at the end of the day, I feel pretty good about myself!