Hello mommies!

Options
I am a mommy to one little girl who is truly my everything. We are hoping to have more in the future but first I would like to get to a healthy weight. I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with my little one and it was no fun at all. I didn't find out until 32 weeks that I even had it because I was measuring so far ahead (my test at 22 weeks came back fine!) I ended up giving birth to my daughter at 35 weeks when my water broke. She weighed 7 pounds 6 oz!! I can't even imagine going full term with her as she would of probably been over 10 pounds. Anyways, has anyone had gestational diabetes in a pregnancy and then lost weight before the next pregnancy? did you end up having it again? They say to lose weight reduces the risks. Also if you want to add me as a friend that would be great... we can follow each others weight loss journey and adventures of mommyhood! lol

Replies

• bee_strong
    Options
    hi, i'm a new mommy too, my first girl shes 2 months. i have a 10 yr old son. just the two babies :) feel free to add me
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    added :) congrats on the new baby girl! How exciting!
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    My little guy is 18 months. He was 9lbs 3oz when he was born (only a few days early). I had gestational diabetes with him but it was very well controlled. We caught it very early on because I just didn't feel right before they would have even done a test for it and I had a wonderful endocrinologist recommended to me. The experience was enough to convince me I didn't want to make diabetes care a "lifestyle" so here I am trying to lose the weight and reduce my chances at the disease. Feel free to add me. Taking care of a little one and trying to be healthy is definitely a challenge but we can do this!
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mummy of 4 and tho I didn't have GD I know how hard it is to find the time and energy to lose the extra weight. My youngest is now 1 and it's fun steam ahead. Feel free to add me :)
  • 3kidsanddone
    3kidsanddone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have three children and just had my last in August. I plan to work on getting healthier for myself and my family. I had gestational diabetes with my third baby. He went full-term though and was born at 7lbs 11oz. I controlled the diabetes with diet and checking fingersticks four times per day. I am looking for other mommies who have a positive outlook and want to get healthy as well.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    My girl is 17 months!
    So glad they caught it early in your pregnancy! I did go for testing at 22 weeks and everything was fine, but sometime after and between 32 weeks it just got out of control. I ended up needing insulin because even diet was not controlling it. I then had my daughter 4 weeks later. Thankfully she was healthy and her lungs were ready. I hear you, it's very hard to time time for yourself but you're right we CAN do this :) adding you now!
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I find the hardest thing about losing weight is finding the time to work out (although chasing a toddler is a pretty good work out lol)
    also getting in my calroies is sometimes hard because my daughter always wants a bite of what I am having even if she has the same thing on her plate! (I am sure you all know what I am talking about :)
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please feel free to add me! I am a mom of 2 that had GD with both, but was not diagnosed until late. In fact, I was never diagnosed with my son even though I had 5 GD tests done! I ended up having him @ 35 weeks. He weighed 10 lbs., 10 ozs.! I can definitely say that I wish I would have lost all the weight in between my kids, so good for you!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I am a mommy to one little girl who is truly my everything. We are hoping to have more in the future but first I would like to get to a healthy weight. I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with my little one and it was no fun at all. I didn't find out until 32 weeks that I even had it because I was measuring so far ahead (my test at 22 weeks came back fine!) I ended up giving birth to my daughter at 35 weeks when my water broke. She weighed 7 pounds 6 oz!! I can't even imagine going full term with her as she would of probably been over 10 pounds. Anyways, has anyone had gestational diabetes in a pregnancy and then lost weight before the next pregnancy? did you end up having it again? They say to lose weight reduces the risks. Also if you want to add me as a friend that would be great... we can follow each others weight loss journey and adventures of mommyhood! lol

My mom had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with my sister (she's 6 months old now) and she did actually lose alot of weight since then. There wont be any more babies though!
  • Carrievaught
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mommy. My youngest is 10 years old. My children are 14, 11, and 10 years. One boy, and two girls. Grateful my son is the oldest. When they were younger it was hard to eat because they wanted my food too. For some reason mine tasted better to them lol!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I am a mommy to a beautiful little boy, he is 17months now. I did not have GD with him but I did have Hypertension and gained alot of weight. My son was 8lbs 8oz at full term. I have lost almost half of the weight I would like to lose and am hoping to get the rest off before trying for baby number two. Feel free to add me!
  • ChristiMightGetFit
    Options
    My little girl just turned 2 (she is also my everything!) . My husband and I are planning on having another one, but I, like you, want to get in shape before I put my body through that again. I don't think I had gestational diabetes, but she was a big girl at 8lbs 12oz when she was born at exactly 40weeks. She is SOOO ready for a sibling, but I kind of think I want to wait until after this coming summer because I have my high-school 10 year reunion! I know that is kind of silly, but I want to look good! lol so we will see.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have two wonderful babies. One is 7 years old (LOL) and the other is 10 months old. I started my wieght loss journey at 5 weeks post partum. I did not have gestational diabetes but had depression so bad during pregnancy that they put me on Remeron and I gained 48 pounds in a matter of 5 months. To make matters worse I suffered from PPD horribly after his birth and in that 5 weeks after his birth I felt like I would be 200 pounds forever (he was a 6 pound baby) I managed to lose about 25 pounds in the first 5 weeks and then stalled joined MFP got on my life back and now weigh what I did when I was sophmore in High School (I am 32). My New Year's Resolution is to gain some muscle so I can have the best body I have ever had minus the boobs because I am never getting those back unless I get plastic surgery. LOL. Add me if you would like. I will support you!
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Hi when i was pregnant with my daughter (now 10) they told me I was pre-diabetic and had to see a dietician. I gained over 70 lbs with her. she was 3 days late and only 7lb 7oz. I did lose that weight before I got pregnant with my son (now 7) I did not get diabetes again with him although I did gain another 65lbs. he was 3 days early and weighed 7lbs 7oz. I think I was just lucky because there is a family history of diabetes in my family.
  • Kirst412
    Options
    Hello! I am a mommy as well! I have 2 1/2 year old and have spent the last 2 1/2 years fighting my weight. I want another baby so bad, but I just want to lose weight before getting pregnant again. I would LOVE if you added me and we could support each other!!!
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hi there. i am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and was told at 8 weeks that i have gestational diabetes. i was surprised that they tested me for that so early. i remember with my first, i was tested at 4-5 months. luckily, i didn't have it then. but you're so right. it's no fun at all! i hate the diet they've put me on. i want cake and cookies and chocolate, gosh darn it!!! LOL! but what upsets me even more when i think about it is, how could i possibly have gestational diabetes if i lost almost 30 lbs before i got pregnant AND i weigh slightly less now than i did with my first pregnancy??? :mad:

with my 4-year-old, i weighed 200 lbs when i found out i was 9 weeks pregnant with him. i was only supposed to gain 15 pounds, but gained 35. i went full-term - he weighed 6 lbs 12 oz.

this time around, i weighed 195 when i found out i was pregnant at 7 weeks, and i've since lost 6 lbs because of the gestational diabetes diet. but i'm sure my age is THE contributing factor. boooo. lol. i was 31 with my first, and 36 now.

anyhoodles, sure the chances of having GD again increase with a second, third, fourth, etc pregnancy, but i think maintaining a healthy diet, staying active, and reaching a healthy weight before the next one can help beat the odds. :)
  • mekia82
    Options
    Hello to all of the mommies. I have 4 children most recent was born August 21st. I am getting married to the father of my children in August 2013. I have picked out my wedding gown and love it but feel I will love it even more once I lose this weight. I wist everyone lots of luck on their goals!!!

I tell myself if I can handle 4 kids then I can handle some hard intense work outs.
  • 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hola mammas! I am a fairly new mom; my Lo is 6 months old (yesterday:smile: ) I am a single parent and am trying to find the extra energy and those extra hours in the day to sneek in workouts :wink: Feel free to add me; we can cheer each other on with weight lose and the adventures of motherhood!
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Thanks for the responses mommies.. was nice to wake up and read all of these this morning. It' s always good to know you're not alone in life's challenges! Congrats to those who have lost any amount of weight, and best of luck to to those just starting! feel free to add me :)