Hi - I'm new!

Options
Hi! I'm over 40 years old and have tried to lose wt., but it is hard. Don't have too many friends in the area to help keep me accountable. Just bought a Kindle and had heard about this app, so setting it up and getting started today. Looking for advice and friends

Replies

• freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I have been using it for about 2 months now. Has kept me on track.
  • raine112385
    raine112385 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I started a week ago and so far this is the easiest system that I have found. Good luck!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    welcome! In in the same age group, and I've been seeing good results with mfp. Good luck - you can do it!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    welcome... we are very supportive here but we can speak our minds too.... we dont tend to sugarcoat but we do care. You can add me. All the best on your healthy living journey.
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    welcome!!! I started this in 2011 after our second child. Lost 30 lbs in 7 months! It works! I am now expecting child number 3 and am using to help track what I am putting in my mouth..and to keep exercising through my pregnancy...so far so good!! I am addicted to this site love it!! Good luck to you in your weightloss journey!!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm over 40 years old and have tried to lose wt., but it is hard. Don't have too many friends in the area to help keep me accountable. Just bought a Kindle and had heard about this app, so setting it up and getting started today. Looking for advice and friends

I've been using this app since September 11th. It was the smartest decision I have ever made. I'm down 21 pounds. My advice is this. Add friends (not a zillion, just enough to give you an encouragement group) and be a friend to them also. And track everything. Even if you are having a horrible day and eating like a mad-man, track it. I've been surprised at how many times I've curtailed my naughty eating behavior because I don't want to have to put in in MFP. Also, open your food diary to your friends. It creates another level of accountability.

Visit the message boards and the blogs. They frequently contain incredibly useful information about fitness and health (and sometimes just some down right funny stuff). We are all losing this weight in different ways (MFP isn't a diet plan) and it's great to hear what's working for other people. They can also be a great source of encouragement.

Oh and I'm 43. So I feel ya on the weight loss over 40 thing. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Be honest about serving sizes... Log everything and move more... You will lose weight too...
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello there, you will like it here. There's loads of support as well as loads of humor. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to be part of your getting healthy journey.
  • rayne133
    rayne133 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I've been using this app since September 11th. It was the smartest decision I have ever made. I'm down 21 pounds. My advice is this. Add friends (not a zillion, just enough to give you an encouragement group) and be a friend to them also. And track everything. Even if you are having a horrible day and eating like a mad-man, track it. I've been surprised at how many times I've curtailed my naughty eating behavior because I don't want to have to put in in MFP. Also, open your food diary to your friends. It creates another level of accountability.

Visit the message boards and the blogs. They frequently contain incredibly useful information about fitness and health (and sometimes just some down right funny stuff). We are all losing this weight in different ways (MFP isn't a diet plan) and it's great to hear what's working for other people. They can also be a great source of encouragement.

Oh and I'm 43. So I feel ya on the weight loss over 40 thing. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • rayne133
    rayne133 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh, so true. I haven't been here long, and haven't knowingly lost weight yet. (Discovered my scale batteries were low which meant it was telling me some really wild lies.)

Being aware of what you eat and what you do is important.

Feel free to add me and good luck. :)
  • Cowboyzfan82288
    Cowboyzfan82288 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll find alot of support here. People here are super. I still have about 45 pounds to go to reach my goal. Feel free to add me if you'd like. My name is Mark. If I can be of any help to you, let me know.
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is fantastic! Just be honest and stick with it and you will reach your goals. I've to 65 lbs to go and in it for the long haul. Feel free to add me if you need more support. :bigsmile: