bread?

Options
Im being a pest tonight!! I, along with lots of others, like bread..

Which bread is the healthiest to buy, ive normally only every went for bog standard white bread!

Replies

• Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options
    My absolute favorite bread, is heiner's 35 calorie white bread. :smile:
  • jacqui250
    Options
    I love bread too! I've limited myself to 2 slices a day max then I stick to rivita if I have a bread craving. Whole grain bread is better for you but not much less calories than usual white :-)
  • celia4321
    Options
    Don't eat too much bread any more, but when I do wholemeal, or a wrap- wholemeal
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread 100% is the best for your body. NO white breads. Also purchase 100 calorie sandwich thins (they rock).

I take whole wheat wraps to work and replace them with bread.
  • jacqui250
    Options
    [/quote

Never heard of it, I'll check to see of I can buy in the UK. Cheers :-)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

I heard black heiners bigger.
  • betsyblue123
    betsyblue123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i dont mind white bread, but not much flavour in it i think... although its what you put on it!!!
  • betsyblue123
    betsyblue123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i like the wholegrain breads, they have so much more flavour...
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    You're all going to die!
  • ilovemaisy
    Options
    Sara Lee makes 45 calorie slice bread in wheat and multi grain versions.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    There is a lower carb, super high fiber bread by Ezekiel..It tastes awful, but that is how the super healthy breads seem to taste to me. I just focus on bread made with as few junk ingredients as possible. Just check the labels. I am actually going to start making my own bread...just need to find a bread machine that doesn't suck...since the last one I had was terrible.
  • valluco75
    Options
    Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat.
  • Kathy_TheVampireSlayer
    Options

:huh: :laugh:
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    As another note, most low-calorie breads are just thinner slices of regular bread. Also, lots of the low-calorie breads have a lot of junk in them...not really healthy.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat (not enriched wheat, not "made with whole grains", not Subway's high fructose corn syrup infused crap) is the healthiest bread you can get - it's the least processed, and it will keep you full for much longer because your body has to break down the complex carbs. Look at the labels, and whole wheat flour should be the first ingredient.

I try to buy my bread fresh from a bakery, but if you're getting bread in a bag, Nature's Own is a pretty good option.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Spelt :-)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    100% whole wheat is probably your best bet. =) I emphasize the 100%, because a lot say "whole wheat" or "whole grain" and are filled with a lot of processed grains and sugars.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're focusing on regarding "health." There are breads that are as low-cal as 30 cals (such as the Sara Lee one someone suggested) but they're probably not very nutritious. Some of the most nutritious and cleanest ones (such as Ezekiel bread) might be higher-cal.

Right now I'm on a whole wheat pita bread kick (from Trader Joes)- half of one is 80 cals and is perfect for a good-sized sandwich or to have with veggies and hummus.