Cal in a Tbl when only cup and grams servings are provided

Options
I want to try to be as accurate as possible. When I am entering things such as the amount of dried cranberries I am putting in my oatmeal or the tablespoon of greek yogurt I am having in my tuna salad, the 1 cup measurements are useless. Are there any converters out there. Ex: Appox 10 cranberries per tablespoon etc.

Replies

• Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1 cup = 16 table spoons.

That's all I know.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Use your packets ( suggested serving size) and scales as a guide. There are a heap of conversion sites out there just google.
    Just did a quick search for cranberries a lot came up with 1gms or 100gm amounts so I don't know why you are finding it so hard.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Google
  • faireplay
    Options
    Total calories in one cup divided by 16 = calories per tablespoon
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, usually I just look at a few different entries then pick the one that offers other options. For example, I was entering parmesan. The first two entries had listings for grams only. Then, I found one that had the 1 C and 1 T option.

If you can't find one of those listings, you can do some basic math and conversions. For common measurements they are:

1 T = 3 t
    1/4 C = 4 T = 12 t
    1/2 C = 8 T = 24 t
    1 C = 16 T = 48 t

1 ounce = approx. 28 grams
    4 ounces = approx 110 grams

There are 16 T in one cup, so you can add 1/16 of a cup as your serving size (approx. .0625).

Or, you can use the nutrition information from the label you have and enter a new food in to the database. If your nutrition label lists 1/4 C as a serving, then you have 1 T, then you've had .25 servings of that food.
  • shametris
    Options
    I always go to fitclick.com They have converters on their site for the different recipes. On here it may only give the serving size from the container as the standard measurements. But more than likely you arent using a cup of greek yogurt lol. You may only need 1 tablespoon. I go to fitclick.com it shows me the cals in almost any measurement. Sometimes I load them back in here to make our database better. And once you load it in you dont have to keep looking it up. And I load it in under create food.