Rewards After Goal Reached

Options
I wanted to started this to see if any one is going to reward themselves for working so hard and wonderfully to get to their goals. So if you are what is it and how excited are you to have reached it?

Replies

• Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I got myself the samsung 3 when i got under 300lbs. When I hit my final goal I am going to look for a boat lol
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    yep, my first goal I rewarded myself with a new gym outfit. not sure about when I get to my last and final goal..
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I told myself that I can only buy a new pair of jeans when I go down a size. Right now I have 3 pairs that I am constantly washing and rotating, especially now that it's getting colder and I can't really wear shorts anymore. I'm going to stick with it though because it just gives me that much more motivation to lose the weight, and more importantly the inches.

I haven't really thought about when I reach my final goal. I think I'll probably just continue to set little goals and rewards for myself and see what happens when I get closer to the end.
  • Fr3dd13
    Options
    For me, reaching my goal is reward enough ;-)
  • cnote91
    Options
    Those are all really awesome!!
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    When I was 365 lbs, When I got down to 265 lbs (100lbs loss), I bought myself 4 new outfits, 1 of which was a work out outfit. Then things got stressful and I gained a whole lot of it back. SO now, for every 25 lbs I lose, I am going to reward myself with something. When I reach 300 lbs I am going to buy myself a new pair of runners as mine are now starting to get pretty worn. When I reach 275 lbs I'm going to buy myself a new shirt. I am working to fit back into the clothes I bought at 250 lbs and then under that, I'm not sure what I am going to reward myself with.

I DO KNOW that once I reach 135-145 lbs, I am paying for my passport and travelling to visit some family out east in Toronto and then to my cousins in Arizona. :bigsmile: It's going to be a surprise as I will not be seeing them for a few years and I am not updating my facebook pics or anything so when I visit, it will be a shockingly good surprise. :smooched:
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Any tangible rewards are side notes to just the psychological vindication I will feel to know I am at the exact weight I was when a certain person started telling me I was overweight and now I know I am SO not anywhere near overweight at that weight but smack dab in the middle of the healthy range. Even if this person never knows it and probably doesn't even remember or would claim not to if I ever brought it up (long history of denial of uncomfortable truths there), I will know it every time I see them and find it mentally satisfying to have made them eat their words...because by the time I get back there, their story about me needing to lose weight will have completely changed tune even if they don't remember the original taunt. It will be completely fake and shallow.....but nonetheless, this person will have some major word munchin' to do. I'm going to take with a grain of salt and move on with my life because I am not doing this for them or anyone else -- just me and my knee issues. That's it....but still it's a rather satisfying side benefit.
  • runningfataway
    Options
    Goals:
    CW 210
    1) 200lbs - Bicycle
    2) 185lbs -
    3) 170lbs - Tattoos
    4) 160lbs -
    5) 150lbs - Trip to my hometown Istanbul

Don' know the in betweens yet lol
  • ForTheSmile
    ForTheSmile Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I give myself a reward for every 10 lbs lost! I'm a real miser when it comes to my money, so I chose little things that I've really been wanting but would never buy for myself normally. :D Things like a new pair of shoes, a movie poster, a hoodie, and one of those huuuuge poster prints that Staples does (I'm a photographer). And of course, the ultimate reward for reaching my final goal: clothes, clothes, and more clothes! Seriously, I can't wait. :love:

Edit: Oh, and if I ever get to the point where I can see my hipbones, I'm going to get a tattoo on/near them in celebration. But one of those white tattoos, so if it gets all wonky with age, no one will see it. xD
  • cnote91
    Options
    Well you are all doing a wondering job. Keep going!! I am very proud of all of you coming from a complete stranger.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    The goal is the reward.
  • cnote91
    Options
    agreed
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think the reward was the moment I went to buy some new jeans, and the size down from the pair I was wearing was loose. So I reluctantly asked for yet another size smaller. I kind of expected they would get half way up my legs and be too small. But they didn't. They actually fit. I was standing there wearing a little pair of size 5 jeans with tears in my eyes. Nothing could beat that moment :smile:
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to get a plastic surgery consultation and see if it's a good fit for me! I've lost over 200lbs in the last 6 years or so though, so I just may be a good candidate. Good luck! :)
  • Trollivier
    Trollivier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    In 3 pounds, I'll be passing from Obesity Class 3 to Obesity Class 2, so I'll reward myself with this wonderful t-shirt. I'll take it 2XL so I'll have to work a little more to wear it!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/helljester/works/9309369-slimer-thrashin-mad

At 299 lbs, I'll reward myself with my first iPod ever... a classic 160gb.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a reward set but after I reached my goal this past Thursday, my husband took me shopping yeaterday and bought me a new pair of boots. It was nice to recieve an extra reward (other than just reaching my goal) for working so hard and doing so well. I am very proud of myself and my husband is very proud of me too :smile:
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this week for the first time since I started my quest, and found that I had succeeded in dropping 15lbs.

So yesterday I spent $20 on tea (it was buy one get one free!)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I Always waste my rewards on new gym/work out clothes!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    When I reach a certain size(skipped weight goals now..those suck) I'm getting my tattoo! ;) I keep going back and forth about not waiting..so who knows..I might just say screw it..and do it and pretend its for my last goal I reached..

:heart: :heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'l leaning towards getting a tattoo (my first).