When you accidentally exercise too much... What to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    You live in Spain - have a few extra glasses of wine with dinner! No brainer! Or....Bollycao - EAT ALL THE BOLLYCAO!
  • zumbagada
    zumbagada Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about getting all your calories back. But you can add some extra healthy calorie dense foods like some almonds or walnuts, some guacamole, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself to eat. Most days I have calories left over, and I'm not hungry. Every once in a while I find myself startving and I eat over my calories. Add up the whole month and it's all a wash. Bottom line, eat when you are hungry not because you have calories left over.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm speechless, yet enthralled, by the idea that one could "accidentally exercise too much". That would never happen to me!:drinker:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    Pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds.) Easy, fast, iron, protein....
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If I were craving something, I'd use the extra calories for that. If not, and I wasn't particularly hungry, I'd probably split the calories and eat back half with high calorie but healthy foods like almonds. If I was hungry, I'd probably go for low calorie but dense foods until I wasn't hungry or until I'd eaten a significant portion of the exercise calories (whichever came first).
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I agree... don't overthink it. The estimated calories on MFP are exaggerated when compared to an HRM. If you're not hungry, don't eat! If you are hungry, eat sensibly and stop when you're satisfied. Your body will let you know if it needs more fuel!

If only it were this simple.

I say eat something calorie dense--fattier foods like salmon (yummy fatty fish), or veggies with slivered almonds and olive oil, protein shake w/ milk pb, banana, and protein powder.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nuts! Grab a handful and that will knock out a few hundred calories & give you some good fat & protein.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You live in Spain - have a few extra glasses of wine with dinner! No brainer! Or....Bollycao - EAT ALL THE BOLLYCAO!

Bollycao, followed by chocolate con churros ;)

Vino tinto... Tortilla... I think I could do it a bit easier in Spain ;)

I ha some crazily high burn days for me over the summer and bought protein balls as I was out and about, but then when my activity level dropped again, I found it hard to drop my eating back down too.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I'm speechless, yet enthralled, by the idea that one could "accidentally exercise too much". That would never happen to me!:drinker:

LOL -- me too
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    CHEESECAKE!!!
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    nuts. 15 nuts is like 100 calories. so.... 150 nuts??? lol just kidding. maybe have some nuts and low fat milk or yogurt and leave it at that.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating only if you are hungry. Dont worry about the whole "eat more to lose weight" thing for one day.. ONE DAY isnt going to kill you if you are under or over or not even close to either.

You didnt get fat in a day, you didnt get skinny in a day.. one day wont matter. I promise <3 Be happy that you got some amazing exercise! Its great for you! But dont worry about one day. =)

Edited to say, i WOULD suggest that you have SOMETHING high in protein just to give your muscles something before bed, since protein helps strengthen and rebuild the muscles. <3
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am so envious of you that you live in Spain!!!! I studied abroad in Alicante, Spain and LOVED it! Congrats on your major calorie burn. Eat till you are full and call it a day!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I don't think you have to eat all of those back. Just take it as an extra boost for the week. If you are really hungry though, nuts or a glass of chocolate milk would be good.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    When I saw the titled of the thread
    tumblr_m9oz4udqTR1r5r3sro1_500.gif
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I eat. If I'm not I don't bother. MFP will complain at you if you go under 1200 calories but not normally otherwise. I've eaten a few pieces of cheese if I actually needed the calories before. Good luck!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all for the replies!!! I couldn't get to read them before bedtime but I'll have all the suggestions in mind in case an episode like yesterday gets repeated. Also, thanks a lot for the congratulations!

You made me wish I drinked alcohol XD but I can't stand a single sip... But those who mentioned Peanut Butter,mmm yummy! I'm considered weird here for having peanut butter at home, since we don't eat that we usually hear talking about it in american movies and not a lot of people get to try it. I tried it in the US and at first I got dissapointed because I was expecting it to be sweet,but I ended up liking it on certain foods, specially oatmeal.
    I now LOVE it! But it's hard to get a good brand, supermarkets usually get some local brands that make cheap dull versions of it, but yesterday I found some smooth Sun Pat from the UK, and I bought 5 units, just in case they run out of it. I try to be very strict with portion size because I know it's so loaded with calories.

I'd say I'd have it easier to make up for extra efforts in the US! Tacos, pizzas, burgers, bbqs mmmm.. Yummy! I'd put all the weight back on! We do have lovely fatty foods here but I guess it's a case of 'the grass on the neighbor's lawn is greener' (or whatever the saying says)

For the person who asked how to log tapas, When I have tapas I have them at restaurants and here there is no way how many calories there are in the recipes they use, so depending on the tapa I usually log between 400-500 calories. And I only have them on cheat days (though I usually go to TGI Friday's on those days, yay for their american style food!)

Thank you all, you're awesome! :)

BTW, I never say this because I'm very forgetful but if anyone wants to add me to their friend list feel free to do it :)