losing inches but not weight

Options
2»

Replies

• zindasgru
    zindasgru Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    your doing really well bud, loosing inches but staying the same weight it kinda what you should be doing. i only weigh myself once a week and never on a Monday! only using this as i guide for my HRM and MFP to guage my calorie intake for the week. never ever take the weight on the scales as gospel, weigh in at 0730 and then 1430 the same day and the difference will be quite substantial!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to bulk up with heavy lifting, you can actually gain weight while burning off excess calories. You may be losing fat but unless you're starving yourself, your "extra" weight is just beautiful lean meat.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I just hit my 80 days here(although I was here at the beginning of theyear-took summer off to train for a 1/2 marathon and then came back). In 80 days, I've lost a whopping 2 pounds. But I can see my triceps, quads, calf muscles and my stomach has lost about an inch, maybe more. I'm lifting 4x a week for about 30 minutes and then was doing 20-30 min cardio, but the past 3 days switched it up to 50-60 min cardio in addition to the weight training. I'd rather LOOK like I lost weight than actually lose it. But I will admit, it is SO hard to step on the scale and see the same freakin' number week in and week out. I wish they'd remove that "If you eat like this, you'll weigh _____ in 4 weeks" crap from the food diary. It has NEVER worked for me and ticks me off!LOL I measure about every 2 weeks, and THOSE are the days I'm happy when i log my progress:-)