Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Having a bad day

I've had a really bad day today
I woke up hungry and have snacked all day including a highly calorific bag of mixed nuts and raisins.
I was going to be ok as I did a 1 mile swim after work. My aim was to skip dinner and be calorie neutral.
Have come home, got mega stressed about travelling to strange city for a course tomorrow and finding my way round new city in rush hour. Have had chocolate, soup and toast and am at 2613 calories food for the day:frown:
Need some support please?

Replies

• rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    tomorrow is a new day, never give up.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    If you're set to lose 2 pounds a week, you're eating a deficit of 7000 calories a week. Eating a bit more for just one day, still puts you in a deficit, even if you over eat 1000 calories. Finish out your day and keep on going tomorrow.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    It happens to all of us occasionally. Deep breath....tomorrow is another day!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Bad-bad-bad!

But really - who hasn't done this? Forgive yourself and move on. One bad day doesn't have to become a bad week, month, year, lifetime.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Honestly, if you were legitimately hungry, your body needed the fuel. If it was simply mindless snacking, learn from it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day; one day means NOTHING in the scope of things. Don't dwell! You are making great progress.
  • KmusicheartBTS
    KmusicheartBTS Posts: 39 Member
    Days like this are a normal part of the journey. If you put so much pressure on yourself as to eliminate those days, you'll only end up feeling worse and worse. So, I agree with others - whatever happened, happened. Start over tomorrow. At least you know your trigger - stress and anxiety. That's normal too. Usually, we eat because of something external. Notice what's happening in your life and how it makes you feel and understand that you're only trying to make yourself feel better. Learning to make yourself feel better in healthier ways is also a long process, so just keep going.

Ev
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    You'll be too busy to eat a lot tomorrow navigating through a different city. Pack a few healthy, high protein snacks for your adventure and make up the difference over the next few days. You don't really need to "make up the difference", but it'll probably make you feel better that you're doing something to even things out. Good luck!