Lemon Juice Cleanse

Options
Has anyone ever done the Lemon Juice Cleanse where you drink a concoction of Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper? What can you tell me about it? What should I expect? Will I lose a bunch of weight only to gain it back? Will it wreck my metabolism?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You'll lose a bunch of weight only to gain it back when you start eating normally again.
  • isitsororo
    Options
    I can tell you that you shouldn't do it.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Read this

http://www.livestrong.com/article/107598-lemon-cleanse-diet/

but I would not advice doing it, it won't teach you how to eat properly
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It'll make you feel hungry and have the runs for however many days you manage to do it. Then you'll gain back any weight you lost and possibly a bit more when you finally get to enjoy real food again. I've watched seven different people try it. Three of them coworkers. They didn't get much work done the days they were on it for not being at their desk much.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done the Lemon Juice Cleanse where you drink a concoction of Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper?

Nope, I've never done it. But, I can also tell you other things I've not done by the same logic. I've decided they aren't good things to do. (Like play in traffic).
    What can you tell me about it?

I can tell you that it's not cleansing anything, it's not doing your body any favors, and it's creating a massive calorie deficit by depriving your body of food. It's essentially a foolish attempt at taking a short-cut for weight loss, and it's just a bad, bad idea.

What should I expect? Will I lose a bunch of weight only to gain it back? Will it wreck my metabolism?

You should expect to be irritable and unhappy.
    You will lose a bunch of water weight. You will lose some fat if you make it several days on this, but that doesn't make it a good method.
    It will probably not wreck your metabolism. It will do nothing beneficial for your relationship with food.

I would recommend that you create a calorie deficit using actual food, and get some exercise, and be patient.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Eat right. work hard.

poop/cleanse.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's in the know, knows that the only cleanse that works is the drink your own urine cleanse.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever done the Lemon Juice Cleanse where you drink a concoction of Lemon Juice, Maple Syrup, and Cayenne Pepper?

Nope, I've never done it. But, I can also tell you other things I've not done by the same logic. I've decided they aren't good things to do. (Like play in traffic).
    What can you tell me about it?

I can tell you that it's not cleansing anything, it's not doing your body any favors, and it's creating a massive calorie deficit by depriving your body of food. It's essentially a foolish attempt at taking a short-cut for weight loss, and it's just a bad, bad idea.

What should I expect? Will I lose a bunch of weight only to gain it back? Will it wreck my metabolism?

You should expect to be irritable and unhappy.
    You will lose a bunch of water weight. You will lose some fat if you make it several days on this, but that doesn't make it a good method.
    It will probably not wreck your metabolism. It will do nothing beneficial for your relationship with food.

I would recommend that you create a calorie deficit using actual food, and get some exercise, and be patient.

QFT
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I bet if you use that diet you'll be saying "Come on ice cream!"
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    THE CAYENNE PEPPER BURNS A LITTLE SO DOES THE LEMON JUICE BUT THAT IS HOW YOU KNOW THAT IT IS WORKING I LIKE TO ADD SOME FRESH MINT FOR A FRESH MINTY TINGLE IN MY COLON AND POOP PORT
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    No. Just...No.

14y8fhw.gif
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    It works great!
    If you pour it in your garbage disposal.
    Helps make it smell good. (lemon scent)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    those cleanses are no good they only dehydrate your system and cause you to lose tons of water weight...

stop trying to get skinny quick. eat right put your time in the gym and you will see results. there is no magic wand you can wave to see the results you want sorry to burst your bubble
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Anyone who's in the know, knows that the only cleanse that works is the drink your own urine cleanse.

Ewwwwww...

To the OP, back in the day (way back), I tried this and lasted about 8 hours before I wanted to chew my own arm off. I agree with everyone else though, eating actual food and exercise is the only real way to successfully lose weight and keep it off. Good luck with whatever you decide :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

images13-1.jpg
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this ... I have done the Master Cleanse and a juice fast a few times. I do them when I have a special event to attent (wedding, black tie event, etc.). The 8 day fresh juice fast I did before my own wedding last year and lost 10 lbs (this was at a wellness spa).

The Master Cleanse (lemon juice, maple, pepper) is a fad diet. I use from time to time if I'm feeling overweight or after a long vacation (10+ days). I've only done the master cleanse for 3 days, and that was enough. I felt fine physically but it was hard to concentrate mentally.

Its not permanent weight loss. Personally, I don't need to lose weight. I'm 5'9" and weight 145 lbs and exercise daily including weight training. I am pretty happy with my appearance. I do these fasts when I want to look my best (vanity really). I wouldn't recommend these fasts or cleanses for any type or permanent weight loss. If you need to get into a gown for an event, then they are perfect!
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care if it did work because it sounds absolutely disgusting lol x
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This is my FITNESS pal.

You should ask your question at my CRASH DIET pal.

Good luck
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'd rather punch myself in the balls repeatedly
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options

May not work but I want a picture of the face they make lol