Everyone thinks I look great BUT I DONT!

Options

Replies

• BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    More calories, more protein, heavy weights. GO. Post again in 3 months and let us know how it goes. :)
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Whats considered heavy on universal gym set? Right now i use 30lbs.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

heavy is relative to you.

can you lift it 15+ times in a row and not feel too sore/winded/tired?? then it is too light.

can you make it to a gym? if so, you should be using free weights and barbells. the weight lifting bench marks you should be shooting for are: squat 1x body weight, chest press 1x body weight, over head press 0.75x body weight, dead lift 1.5x body weight.
  • Darcyw4
    Options
    It%2BTakes%2B4%2BWeeks%2Bv2.jpeg

love this!!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Are you actually only drinking 1 or 2 glasses of water a day, or are you not logging all of the water you drink?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

while you might get rid of the flap while standing perfectly straight, while sitting is next to impossible. that area is one of the hardest to lose from.

my advice is to stop wearing super tight jeans if you want to get rid of the fat over the waist band.

this, in conjunction with the fact that if you are pushing a baby in stroller, unless it's not your baby, some of this overflap is from having a baby! I have overflap when I sit - even if I sit up REAALLY straight.

And if my jeans are at a certain height, I have overflap even when I stand. I have what I call a joey pouch, and even though my bf is low, it will never get completely rid of the fact that I carried two almost 9 pound babies.

It took me three years to lose 15 pounds... patience, healthy diet, and exercise... THAT is key. Unless you have massive amounts of weight to lose, I recommend against trying to shed it any faster.

EDIT: might I ask how heavy you currently are - i.e. what is your goal weight? at 5'9" that means that you and I are relatively close in height (I'm 6'1" and I'm 166 lbs).
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    ok then
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    throw your scale away and switch to focusing on body fat % already, you're way behind and should have started this ten pounds ago.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose these last 10lbs. I am on the verge of giving up on MFP. I see no success. I track everything and do a bit of exercise. I'm usually very close to the 1200 cal BUT somedays I do eat fast food (FAT and CARBS!) But I feel that I eat really healthy 90% of the time. Why am I not seeing any progress? And why can't other people understand that having fat roll over my jean that never used to be there is making me look good. LOL. I don't think so. I will never be happy until I fit into my size 28 jeans again. No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

are u eating back exercise cals?
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    another vote here for strength training
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, I want to lose these last 10lbs. I am on the verge of giving up on MFP. I see no success. I track everything and do a bit of exercise. I'm usually very close to the 1200 cal BUT somedays I do eat fast food (FAT and CARBS!) But I feel that I eat really healthy 90% of the time. Why am I not seeing any progress? And why can't other people understand that having fat roll over my jean that never used to be there is making me look good. LOL. I don't think so. I will never be happy until I fit into my size 28 jeans again. No over flap standing OR sitting!!!!!

Don't give up..you can do it. I would relook at your goals on MFP..perhaps right now you are maintaining. You sound like you are doing great at trying to stay on track and eat healthier. Perhaps resesearch excercises that focus on toning your tummy specifically? Increase your cardio? You have made it this far...you can do it. Just think...I am much heavier then you are and I lost almost 10lbs in a month. You can do this. Fingers crossed for you:)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some good advice here, but do you really think you'll get to your goal eating pizza, mcdonald's cheeseburgers and potato chips?

...just sayin'.
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Eating closer to maintenance and consistant strength training would do wonders for that bit of fat you are still carrying!

I agree with this.

Plus, if you eat a few hundred more calories, you'll have the energy to exercise more, which will build muscle, which burns more calories.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would go on maintenance for 2-3 weeks and stop stressing about it. Keep up the exercise the whole time.

Imo, after a few weeks you'll be able to drop back down to 1200 and start losing again.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    It's simple.... you're not going to lose 10lbs overnight. You haven't even been on this site for a month, and you want to give up? These things take time. "If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!"

Maybe my experience can help. I lost around 10lbs in 3 months, eating 1200 calories per day and not exercising.
    Then, for 4 months, I plateaued. I didn't gain or lose ANY weight.
    Then around the beginning of summer I bummed up my calories to 1700 calories and starting lifting weights, I've lost 10lbs since then.
    Now, I am losing MAYBE 1 pound a month (because I am 7 pounds from my goal weight).
    Understand that if you don't have a lot to lose, it's going to be very difficult to lose it, and it's not going to happen quickly. The best way to lose weight is slowly (but surely).

Eat Healthy, Eat Enough, and Exercise. Simple.

It's a lifestyle. If you don't want this for yourself, then it's not going to work.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Eating closer to maintenance and consistant strength training would do wonders for that bit of fat you are still carrying!
    ^^^^^ This! Sounds like you're not getting enough calories, so your body is holding on to everything.
  • positivepineapple
    positivepineapple Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

Plus, if you eat a few hundred more calories, you'll have the energy to exercise more, which will build muscle, which burns more calories.

I forgot to add that fat and carbs are good for you, they just have to be the healthy kind like from fruit vegetables whole grains for carbs, and olives coconut oil fish nuts and seeds for fats.

carbs and fat from pizza and fast food is going to react differently with your body than whole, natural foods.

that's my unprofessional opinion.
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options

heavy is relative to you.

can you lift it 15+ times in a row and not feel too sore/winded/tired?? then it is too light.

can you make it to a gym? if so, you should be using free weights and barbells. the weight lifting bench marks you should be shooting for are: squat 1x body weight, chest press 1x body weight, over head press 0.75x body weight, dead lift 1.5x body weight.

Are the benchmarks you list for women? Where did you find this info? Not trying to be a smart *kitten* but I've always wondered what would be a good benchmark standard.
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I only have 8-10 pounds left to lose and its coming off slow as well. But I just keep doing what I'm doing and I know I will see results soon enough. You have to be patient I'm realizing, because when you don't have a lot to lose, it comes off waaaay slower =/
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I loooove this. Wish I can post it somewhere. It is perfect!