Drinking your own urine for health benefits

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    :huh: :noway: :sick:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    I've heard of it before because I have friends who lived in India.
    I've also heard of bathing psoriasis in aged urine.
    An aunt from Ireland used to wipe her face with her baby's wet diapers. She said it was great for the skin, and she did have great-looking skin.

But ewwwwwwwwwwwww!
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    jaguars-fan-gif.gif
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown *flush* it down"

That's not a urine-drinking reference, it's what certain people say when it comes to how often they should flush the toilet.

EDIT: For typos, whoops!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    I'm a medical technologist and do urine and blood testing. Urine is full of some nasty stuff that your kidneys filter out of your blood. So, no thank you.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    9982586.jpg
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown *flush* it down"

That's not a urine-drinking reference, it's what certain people say when it comes to how often they should flush the toilet.

EDIT: For typos, whoops!

Umm..(sorry for TMI) in this particular context it meant drink at least some of the yellow stuff and otherwise make use of it (i.e.keep it for various purposes), and dispose of the brown solids, not everyone having flushing systems but maybe earth closets or whatever.
  • I've heard of it before because I have friends who lived in India.
    An aunt from Ireland used to wipe her face with her baby's wet diapers. She said it was great for the skin, and she did have great-looking skin.

But ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Urine contains urea. Urea is a great moisturiser, and probably explains her great skin.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Isn't that phrase about flushing the toilet? I don't think its about drinking anything..
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    I've heard of it before because I have friends who lived in India.

But ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Urine contains urea. Urea is a great moisturiser, and probably explains her great skin.

Interesting; thanks!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    I have an uncle that has done this every morning for his entire life. Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. But he has already been incredibly healthy and he looks very young for his age. I don't know if the two were related. If I were stranded in the desert, I would probably die before choking down my own urine tbh.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Mine is LOADED with HCG. It's liquid gold for any diet.

$100 per cup!

:tongue:

Lmao! I'm totally seeing GYN's across the country fighting with their nurses over who's going to take the shot of HCG filled urine.
  • SuffolkSally
    I have an uncle that has done this every morning for his entire life. Just the thought of it makes me want to vomit. But he has already been incredibly healthy and he looks very young for his age. I don't know if the two were related. If I were stranded in the desert, I would probably die before choking down my own urine tbh.

Wow! have you ever asked him about why he does it? I felt like the odd one out in this group and couldn't quite summon up the courage to ask questions...
  • n2thenight24

Wow! have you ever asked him about why he does it? I felt like the odd one out in this group and couldn't quite summon up the courage to ask questions...

I have asked him. Someone told him it was good for him a long time ago, someone he obviously trusted a great deal, lol. He tried it, swears it helped him have more energy, overcome some health issues, and he just never looked back. He also eats raw eggs.
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    I just ate my dinner and read this post. Now I literally have a cramp. EW!
  • SuffolkSally

I have asked him. Someone told him it was good for him a long time ago, someone he obviously trusted a great deal, lol. He tried it, swears it helped him have more energy, overcome some health issues, and he just never looked back. He also eats raw eggs.

Well ... good for him. Hope it wasn't an April Fool joke on the part of the friend, lol. Gimme a raw egg anytime...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Ugh. That is all.
  • n2thenight24

Well ... good for him. Hope it wasn't an April Fool joke on the part of the friend, lol. Gimme a raw egg anytime...

Lmao, I don't even know that it's a friend that told him that. I'm going to have to call and ask him.
  • SuffolkSally

Lmao, I don't even know that it's a friend that told him that. I'm going to have to call and ask him.

Do PM me with his reply - I've got a horrible sort of fascination going on now...