2 1/2 mos higher cal, scale STILL WON'T MOVE :( Help Please

Options
Posted this in the IPOARM group, but I never seem to get any responses in the groups, so maybe this would be a better place.

Hey everyone!

I don't know what is going on or if I am doing something wrong, but I just can't get the scale to budge. I started this approach (IPOARM) about 2 1/2 months ago, and though I have lost some inches, I find it very frustrating that the scale has not moved at all! I know the inches are what is important, but staying over 200lbs is never going to get me to a healthy fit person, so what gives? Also, I have PCOS and last week lowered my carb intake to netting under 50, thought this would give me a jump start also, but no. Still here and I am actually up a few pounds. I get weighed and measured on Thursday and if I still have no change, I just don't know.

I feel like I am doing everything right, but I am thinking there has to be something wrong. Most people I see on here don't drop pounds for a couple weeks, but they eventually do start lowering on the scale, I have been at this almost three months and not a single pound :( I eat healthy, no processed or convenient food (majority of the time), and make sure I get in a lot of veggies. Could this method possibly not work for me? I also do cardio 3 times a week and strength 3 days, one day rest. My cals are set at 1839.

I am not crying poor me in any way but I feel if I keep doing the same thing with not much result, nothing much will change and I will never move forward. Help please flowerforyou

Replies

• mscote12
    mscote12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid checked??
    I struggle with the same type of situation-I am a healthy eater, I workout 4x a week...however I feel like I am not getting anywhere, but I am new to MFP so I am hoping it helps.
    I ask about your thyroid because Hypothyroidism runs in my family and it affects your metabolism...HYPO can slow it down and make it very difficult to drop any pounds, can even cause weight gain. HYPER is the opposite.
    Its just a thought since it sounds like you are doing what you should be doing. Have you spoken to any personal trainers or even a nutritionist-maybe they would have suggestions?
    Good Luck!! :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah my trainer friend I was working with had me at way lower cals, and after being on this site does not seem like the healthy way to go lol Because of the PCOS I already have issues with my hormones and metabolism, and last time I was at the Dr he did check my Thyroid, and said it was in the normal range, but I have heard you need exact numbers of T3 and T4 or something like that to know for sure.

I know I shouldn't expect the same kind of losses as a normal person with no medical issues, but not a single pound? I mean I lost 42lbs in a little over 4 months by eating 1400 cals and working out 2 hours a day, but I can't maintain the 2 hours a day, not anymore. And I am afraid to go back down to 1400 cals because I am trying to go off my BMR and TDEE, so I am just at a loss lol Not sure if I need to up my cals more, or lower them, so confusing!!

Thanks so much for your input, I should ask the Dr what my numbers are to make sure I don't have Thyroid problems.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Do you see an Endo sweets?
    I've been borderline hypo thyroid for a while now (even though #'s are within normal range) but combined with PCOS and my weight, the doctor prescribed medication - saying it may help with insulin resistance and weight loss...
  • ForsakenStorm86
    ForsakenStorm86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It could just be the way your body is adjusting as well.
    I know the scale wouldn't move for me for about a month, and I was exercising on and off.
    I finally said I'm not going to weigh myself for a few weeks. When I remembered to, I had lost 3 pounds. Sometimes just ignoring it, continuing what your doing, and you'll still get to where you want to go.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    Hi Chris. I am 5'5, at 228 bf% 33.5. When i originally started the ipoarm i started at 2000 to 2200 cals, was losing inches but still wasnt moving forward comepletely, then heybales helped me use his spreadsheet and he gave me the number of 1839. Like i said i have been losing some inches, but its been almost 3 months and all the threads i have seen said if u dont see the scale move in like a month u need to adjust. So i just dont know what to do lol i dont know if i am eating too much or not enough. I am about a week and a half into netting below 50 carbs, and that hasnt done anything yet to help either lol

I dont think i am in a plateau because i have had inch loss but at this rate i feel like im never gonna get under 200 and i will never be in a healthy range if the scale wont move.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a PCOS group on here you could check out for info and that people with PCOS have more trouble with loosing weight so it may be the cause. Yes you should not have to work out 2 hours a day to loose weight. You really only have to use diet to loose but of course it's not as healthy that way. Good luck!
  • mirtle_turtle
    mirtle_turtle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The number you're working from is just an estimation. When you aren't showing progress, drop the number by 150 - 200 calories a day. Nothing drastic. Keep at it another month and see how you go. Fat loss is rarely linear.
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    Do you see an Endo sweets?
    I've been borderline hypo thyroid for a while now (even though #'s are within normal range) but combined with PCOS and my weight, the doctor prescribed medication - saying it may help with insulin resistance and weight loss...

Hey hun! The only thing the dr ever offers to me is metformin and it didnt do anything for me in the past, so im weary to take pills if i dont need to. I have been taking the inositol but its only been about a month and they say it might take up to four months to get any benefits from it. I am hoping the few pounds i am up right now is just because i switched up my diet a bit or something but i havent lost a single ounce since July lol i think i have been very patient and have done my best to not think about the scale but after having such momentum to it just stopping, i cant help but be discouraged :(

I am definitely grateful for the inch loss, that means i am not completely stalled, but after this long and being on point at least 95% of the time, im just not sure everything is right in what i am doing lol
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris. I am 5'5, at 228 bf% 33.5. When i originally started the ipoarm i started at 2000 to 2200 cals, was losing inches but still wasnt moving forward comepletely, then heybales helped me use his spreadsheet and he gave me the number of 1839. Like i said i have been losing some inches, but its been almost 3 months and all the threads i have seen said if u dont see the scale move in like a month u need to adjust. So i just dont know what to do lol i dont know if i am eating too much or not enough. I am about a week and a half into netting below 50 carbs, and that hasnt done anything yet to help either lol

I dont think i am in a plateau because i have had inch loss but at this rate i feel like im never gonna get under 200 and i will never be in a healthy range if the scale wont move.

I am exactly your height, and I started my weight loss at 210. I ate everything in sight. I haven't seen any studies that tell me one way or another, but when I eat 1600 calories I start to gain. All the BMR and RMR calculators out there tell me that my metabolic rate, plus my Daily Energy Expenditure means I should be eating 2600 calories a day for plain MAINTENANCE.

Now, I will tell you that I have never eaten 2600 calories in a day ever, with the possible exceptions of cramming down an appetizer sampler platter at B Dubs, which has like 3,000 calories in it alone. I didn't get to 210 by eating 3000 calories + per day. I got there by overeating my daily Energy Expenditure, little by little. My daily meals before were all carb heavy, but never plate after plate after plate. I would usually only eat once or twice a day.

Ever see those survivalist shows, where they drop people off in the middle of nowhere with a hatchet and a flint? The short people always eat less and outlast the tall people. It's like anyone over 5'7 or 5'8 has something different going on inside them. I suspect, although I haven't read any studies, that for our height there is a missing factor in all those calculators. My mom is 4'9" and she eats no more than 600-900 calories per day. She's maybe 105 pounds sopping wet. How much do little people eat per day? My sister is 5'3 and she eats absolute garbage all day long (which I yell at her for, today she had marshmallow puff on saltines), BUT only a handful at a time. When she WAS calorie counting she was between 900 and 1100 on any given day. She's 115 pounds.

Right now I am eating in the neighborhood of 1100 calories per day, and I feel exceptional. High protein, low carb diet, with the remaining balance of my 1100 calories coming from fats (eating 700 ish calories per day in protein). My goals on here say 1400. I really and truly think that the charts are all wrong for us. I take a multivitamin, eat balanced foods, just much less of them. I wouldn't be scared of reducing your calories; if the scale isn't moving then you are eating at maintenance, pure and simple.

And the simplest explanations tend to be the right ones.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with Chris. I'm 5'3" and I lost 32lbs by netting around 1,200 cal/day- sometimes lower. Right now I'm on 1,400ish per day and I'm still losing but a lot slower. I'm very nearly at my goal so I'm slowly working my way up to eating maintenance calories (which for me is about 1650).
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It would seem as though 1,400 worked for you so I am surprised you upped your calories! Maybe look into BMR testing to find your actual BMR instead of using one on a general website.
  • shipshape55
    shipshape55 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am hypo thyroid , diabetic and several other health issues. I lost 8 pounds in 2 months then out of the clear blue sky I have put back on 4 pounds. today at the Dr. I was 185 lbs .up from 181lbs 3 weeks ago. I kmow exactly how you feel. I try to stay between 1200 and 1300 cals a day and I exercise 5 to 6 days a week. The Dr said it will balance out dont worry and whats more important is the good I am doing for my health even if I dont lose fast I am healthier. I know he is right but, really ! I want to lose too , friend me!!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yeah my trainer friend I was working with had me at way lower cals, and after being on this site does not seem like the healthy way to go lol Because of the PCOS I already have issues with my hormones and metabolism, and last time I was at the Dr he did check my Thyroid, and said it was in the normal range, but I have heard you need exact numbers of T3 and T4 or something like that to know for sure.

I know I shouldn't expect the same kind of losses as a normal person with no medical issues, but not a single pound? I mean I lost 42lbs in a little over 4 months by eating 1400 cals and working out 2 hours a day, but I can't maintain the 2 hours a day, not anymore. And I am afraid to go back down to 1400 cals because I am trying to go off my BMR and TDEE, so I am just at a loss lol Not sure if I need to up my cals more, or lower them, so confusing!!

Thanks so much for your input, I should ask the Dr what my numbers are to make sure I don't have Thyroid problems.

I wrote on your wall but are you seeing and Endo for the PCOS or just a regular doc?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Posted this in the IPOARM group, but I never seem to get any responses in the groups, so maybe this would be a better place.

Hey everyone!

I don't know what is going on or if I am doing something wrong, but I just can't get the scale to budge. I started this approach (IPOARM) about 2 1/2 months ago, and though I have lost some inches, I find it very frustrating that the scale has not moved at all! I know the inches are what is important, but staying over 200lbs is never going to get me to a healthy fit person, so what gives? Also, I have PCOS and last week lowered my carb intake to netting under 50, thought this would give me a jump start also, but no. Still here and I am actually up a few pounds. I get weighed and measured on Thursday and if I still have no change, I just don't know.

I feel like I am doing everything right, but I am thinking there has to be something wrong. Most people I see on here don't drop pounds for a couple weeks, but they eventually do start lowering on the scale, I have been at this almost three months and not a single pound :( I eat healthy, no processed or convenient food (majority of the time), and make sure I get in a lot of veggies. Could this method possibly not work for me? I also do cardio 3 times a week and strength 3 days, one day rest. My cals are set at 1839.

I am not crying poor me in any way but I feel if I keep doing the same thing with not much result, nothing much will change and I will never move forward. Help please flowerforyou

I felt this way especially when I started this journey. Amazingly I still feel this way at times even in maintenance when everyone tells me I shouldn't. We are all human. We have good days and bad days, all of our lives. The tools you find and use to get out of a funk will serve you the rest of your life, and you will always need them. I call it sharpening your sword for battle and you will always need to keep your blade sharp for the rest of your life. We may get to relax at times for a few moments, but life is a bit of work until the end.

Your BMR could be lower than you think. You could go to a lab and have this tested. It's the only way to know for sure.

There is no mystery to weight loss, everyone thinks something is wrong, their metabolism is broken, they have low thyroid, they have menopause or whatever issue, they are as unique as a snowflake, whatever. I thought a lot of these things once too but once the doctor helped resolve the health issues for me I learned there is still no magic pill. Most people eat more than they need to and are not at good at estimating calories as they think they are. Most people have a lower BMR than they think they do. The only way to know for sure is to go to a lab and have it tested. It doesn't seem fair to have to eat less and feel a little hunger. It's hard to face the truth of it, very hard. It's not fun. It's drudgery at times. But if you learn to enjoy your smaller amounts of food (necessary to lose weight, since the reason we got fat in the first place was eating too much whether we knew it or not), and rejoice in your victories it can be done.

All I can do is share what worked for me. I achieved my goal at age 50 after beating my head against the wall for 15 years. Yeah anyone can do it, but I can tell you that you are up against a lot when you are older and I believe females have some unique issue to face with hormones and such. The sooner you can get a handle on it the better. DO NOT GIVE UP. As I got older and the weight piled on (and I didn't feel I was eating too much!) everyone kept telling me to give up, this is what happens when you get older. I'm small, and I didn't realize how small I was until I lost the weight. Everyone said I had big bones. I looked hefty because I worked out. Once I lost the weight I realized how small I really was and that small people don't need to eat as much as big people. HINT: If you are short you are probably small.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

To say eat more is wrong.

To say eat less is wrong.

To find the exact calories needed for YOU to be in a healthy sustainable calorie deficit is the right answer. Wait, if you need to adjust by 100 do it, wait, adjust, wait, adjust, wait. The tortoise wins this race.

All that matters is calories. A healthy balanced diet within a calorie budget for a deficit that is right for YOU is all that matters for weight loss. Don't make it complicated.

Also people play mental accounting games with calories just like with finances. Make steps to make sure you are making accurate measurements. Packaged foods can have MORE than they say but not less (they get in trouble if less so they would rather error with MORE).

If you typically intake sodium at a certain rate your body adjusts, but if you make a sudden change then you will see a spike.

Exercise is for making your lean body mass pretty (especially lifting weights) for when the fat is gone. Losing fat with no muscle is ugly and cardio alone will not make you pretty. You cannot out exercise too many calories.

It really is about calories. I tell people this all the time and they say "Well if calories are all that matter why do you eat so clean???!!" Well, because it makes me feel better, sleep better, and perform better at my sports.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.
    What is the exact number of calories for you?

We’ve been trying to figure out an exact NUMBER of calories that everyone should be eating, without recognizing that everyone is slightly different. In truth, the calories aren’t the end game. Your body is. So the EXACT amount of Calories that are right for you is the EXACT amount that will allow you to maintain your ideal bodyweight no matter what some calculator or chart says.

In other words, an online calculator might tell you that you need to eat 2,500 calories
    per day to maintain your ideal bodyweight. But the only way to know for sure if this is
    the right amount for you is to test it out. If you gain weight or can’t lose weight eating
    that much, then you know you need to eat less to lose weight no matter how many
    calculators and text books say otherwise.

This doesn’t mean your metabolism is broken, it just means the estimate of your needs
    was just a bit off.

-John Barban (The Body Centric Calorie Guide from the Venus Index and Adonis Index Manuals)

The good thing is you don't have to worry about the starvation mode myth if you are fat. Only skinny people have to worry about starvation mode. It does not mean you have the capability to eat at a large calorie deficit if you have emotional eating disorders or other issues going on, but at least you don't have to be afraid of it anymore.

The Theory of Fat Availability:
    •There is a set amount of fat that can be released from a fat cell.
    •The more fat you have, the more fat can be used as a fuel when dieting.
    •The less fat you have, the less fat can be used as a fuel when dieting.
    •Towards the end of a transformation, when body fat is extremely low you
    may not have enough fat to handle a large caloric deficit anymore.

At the extreme low end, when your body fat cannot ‘keep up’ with the energy deficit
    you've imposed on your body, the energy MUST come from SOMEWHERE. This is
    when you are at risk of losing lean body mass during dieting (commonly referred to
    as ‘starvation mode’). This happens at extremely low levels of body fat, under 6% in
    men and 12% in women [Friedl K.E. J Appl Phsiol, 1994].

-Brad Pilon and John Barban (from The Reverse Taper Diet in The Adonis Index and Venus Index manuals)

Lifting weights is KEY. I recently had my DXA scan done and at 51.5 years of age I have the bone density of a super athletic 30 year old. That is a direct result of lifting for over 30 years. Now if that is not scientific proof that lifting weights keeps you younger I don't know what is! Also I believe it is why most people think I look much younger than I really am.

Start lifting now, lift heavy and change it up often, find a lot of weight routines with free weights, make it fun, embrace it, make it part of your life. Only 3 days a week is all it would take. Crank up your tunes and learn to love it, because your body will love it and it will make your quality of life better in many ways, especially when you get older like me.

Because of this I don't have to worry about osteoporosis. If you wait until you are older and your bones start to deteriorate it's a bit too late, you can't get back what you lost, and you can only start a resistance routine that will prevent further damage.

If you are female you don't have the hormones to get big naturally. I lift heavy and I'm still really tiny. My lean body mass is only 104 lbs and that is fairly heavy for a 5'1" female, and quite a bit of this is due to my having very dense bones from 30 years of lifting, not all muscle, and I'm still quite tiny.

My muscles really are not that big, but they show a lot of definition because I'm quite lean. If I gained some fat then I would have a softer more toned look (which is OKAY too!). Then if I gained more fat I would look bulky and hefty like I did most of my life until last year. YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT. Lean and ripped, soft and toned, or hefty, it all depends on how much fat you leave on your body. Calories are the only thing that changes fat. Exercise is for changing or maintaining your lean body mass only. Lifting weights will give you the best bang for your buck for shaping your body. I finally changed my shape by putting lifting first and cardio 2nd. You cannot out exercise too many calories.

There is nothing easy about this journey. Don't give up. Keep your eye on the prize. You do not have to be perfect to do this. You just have to have more good days than not. A bad day is not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day. Just pick it right up again. Be kind to yourself at all times and never beat yourself up.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

For me it's all about a calorie budget. I had less of a budget available when I was losing weight, more to spend now that I'm maintaining and all the tools I used for weight loss come into play for the rest of my life maintaining.

When you have accumulated excess fat, you have accumulated a debt. It is hard to pay off the debt (you have less calories to spend). If you are sitting next to someone your same gender and height and they are not overweight and you are, they get to eat more than you (have more calories to spend) because they are debt free. You have less calories to spend because you are paying off your debt.

Wishing you the best! -Bobbie
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Hey everyone!

If you can open your diary so I can take a look it would be helpful. It seems to me that 1800 calories is to high if you are that active. I am 5'6 and 48 yrs. old my daily calories are 1580 and I workout 5 days a week 1 1/2- 2 hours a day with cardio and weight training. I am set to lose 1 lb. a week but have been continually losing 2-3 lbs. and not eating back all of my exercise calories except maybe a few 100. You can add me as a friend and take a look at my diary. I eat all the time and still lose, it might help you by looking at mine. :)
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you been stressed alot lately?? I've noticed that I could eat 30% under my TDEE and if I was stressed I would not lose a pound but gain!!! It drove me insane!! Actually the not losing weight can stress you out and cause you to not lose!
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice, i will definitely look into medically getting my bmr tested, every thing i have ever used to test it has given me around the same number, between 1800 to 1900. I do have a bmf armband and that also gives me around the same numbers, my sister has one too and we dont burn the same so i know it isnt just a generic number and they are 90% accurate so i know i need to adjust for the 10%. I dont think going as low as 1200 is right for me, i have never been put on 1200 even from my trainer or dr's. i have a high lbm for my weight, my bf% is 35% which is low for someone at my weight and height. I also wear a size 14 which is not common for someone who weighs 228lbs at my height. I know part of the reason i have more muscle is due to the pcos, i have high levels of testosterone for a woman which in turns allows muscle to strengthen quicker then the average woman, which i have found this in on pcos sites, so that makes sense also.

Idk if maybe instead of taking a cut from my tdee if i set my net to my bmr and just eat more on exercise days if that might work better? I know i do not have a small frame, i would say 5'5 is about average, but i can tell by my wrists and shoulder i have a bigger frame, so even at goal i dont think i will ever be small. I want to look fit with good muscles, not body builder type but have a bit of definition.

Again I appreciate all your advice and will start playing with my numbers a bit to see if that will help. Like i said i am grateful for the inch loss, there has been quite a change in my body since upping my cals even though the scale hasnt changed, but i am still over 200 so at some point the scale needs to move. I work hard to stay on track and my bad days or meals are few and far between now and my mind is in a good place for sure, so i will keep truckin along and definitely take all the advice i have been given!

Thanks so much!!
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    FITNLUVINIT may be on to something about you eating too much at 1800 calories. Maybe you should take her up on her offer to look at your diary.

So note that the following is based on assuming that your current caloric intake is correct for weight loss....

Our bodies cherish fat and does everything possible to resist losing it. You have already lost a large amount and now your body is doing what it has been programed by thousands of years to do in times of limited food....slow the metabolism to save the fat ....thus the plateau.

There arent too many ways to boost the metabolism other than to build muscle or eat more (let's keep it simple). At this time you dont have enough muscle and because your body is hoarding fat, it is sacrificing the muscle you do have for fuel.

I suggest you add a few extra daily (200 - 300) calories for 3 - 4 days and eat some fatty junk, then cut back to your deficit level and see what happens.

Californiagirl hit the nail on the head when she said losing weight is not linear but comes in chunks. She also was on the mark when she said you need to find your very own specific caloric needs.

Good luck and dont give up your current lifestyle and dont take a break; persevere.
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I am also 5'5 and I also have PCOS, Hypothyroid, plus severe Fibromyalgia where the flareups do not cease, and Chronic Fatigue plus hypoglcemia and other health issues I will not bore you with. I am going on 200 days on MFP and only have 23 lbs to show for it. I have however lost many inches so although the scale moves slower than a turtle going downward I know that eventually we with medical issues will be rewarded if we do not give up. I encourage you look at how much weight you have accomplished and lost! Do not become depressed how much weight you need to lose. I am reminding myself of this also as I write this. We need to Keep our focus on the tape measure it that is more accurate than a scale that fluctuates with fluids.