First Day in MFP

Options
Hi all of you FABULOUSLY INSPIRING PEOPLE! I've read so many inspiring and encouraging stories here and can't wait to add my own...I'm finally taking control of my weight after gaining 70lbs from taking Cymbalta after being diagnosed with a neuropathy about 8 years ago. By the Grace of God, I was able to stop taking it about a year ago after three excruciating attempts because of the horrific withdrawl symptoms I experienced. Now Cymbalta free and a year later I'm left with 70lbs of extra weight that I'm determined to lose. My Faith in God and support from my wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally and encouragement and motivation from all of you SUPER PEOPLE is what will help me reach my goal...looking foward to meeting and making new friends here!

My name is Tonya...NICE TO MEET YOU!...what's your name?:smile: What advice do you have to help me reach my goals and what have you done to reach yours?

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Paula. My advice is to log the food diary every day and be determined to make this work.
  • mrstwarner
    Options
    Hi Paula! Thanks....I will and I am soooo determined!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    C'mon people. We always say there is great support here , Let's show it!
  • kschueller
    kschueller Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kari and I've only been here for a little over a week, so I'm new too. My advice is to create healthier versions of your favorite meals at home. I've got my favorite meal from Chipotle (at 1190 Calories) down to 435 calories and I've eaten it twice this week! I find that I am just as satisfied as if I went out to eat and bonus, it's far cheaper too!

Pleasure to meet you Tonya, add me as a friend if you like!

Kari
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Beth. I've been on MFP since early Sept. It's helped me tremendously to log ALL my food EVERY day and to make my diary open, so I know others will be looking at it too. Keeps me thinking about what I'm choosing to eat and makes me be honest about it. There's no denying it's hard work at times, but the blessings are many. Feel free to add me, for another friend!
  • Doxychix
    Options
    Hi I'm Eleanor and it is my second day. I have already noticed that I am starting to become more aware of what i am putting into my body. I was tired of having no energy and feeling quite lethargic. I hope to discover meals that with be healthy and make me feel satisfied and full for longer. Welcome!!!
  • benandgillsmom
    benandgillsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Tonya!
    I'm Kayla and its my first day on MFP as well! Looking for some awesome supportive friends and looking to do the same! You can add me if you want!

Take care!
  • mrstwarner
    Options
    Hi Kari,
    Thanks for the advice..I would love to try your recipe!
  • mrstwarner
    Options
    Hi Beth...I agree logging my food every day does help and I get excited everytime I see that I've stayed under my daily calorie goal.
  • mrstwarner
    Options
    Hi Eleanor...I defintely agree...I've been exercising each day for the past four days and I already feel so much better...more energized...loving it!
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like =) and good luck!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Hi Tonya! Almost a year on MFP and down about 40 lbs and in maintenance - would love to see your successful journey unfold!
  • mrstwarner
    Options
    Thanks Life and JB!...Good luck to you both...Let's do this!:)
  • candctaber
    Options
    Hi Tonya & welcome to MFP!!! I am a busy wife & mother with 5 kids. It is great to have you here, best of luck to you in your weight loss journey.

God Bless, Christy
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Leonie.

I've been on my journey for a couple of months and the most important thing I learned was how quickly snacking adds up. One bite here, a nibble there, a sip here and I was wondering why the scale wasn't budging. It wasn't until I was completely honest with myself, that I'm actually seeing some progress.

Kudos to you for taking control of your life, I'll send you a friend request.:flowerforyou:
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    hI TONYA. you can add me if you like. I have 60-70 to lose too. I just turned 58. I am trying to get remotivated. I gained back 10 of what my ticker says....but I just dont want to reset it. I want to fight to get back to that!