Polar FT4

Options
This question is for anyone that owns a Polar FT4. One of the instruction sheets that came with the watch/strap says that the strap should be washed in a washing machine every 5th use or every use if used in a pool with high clorine. The other, briefer instruction sheet in the same package states that the strap should NEVER be washed in a washing machine.

So how do you wash your strap? Especially after swimming?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I don't swim with mine but I just wash it by hand in the sink. I don't think I would wash it in in a machine. That might be a bit hard on the strap.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i pretty much just run it under cold water, squeeze it a bit and hang it to dry. altho, i've prob only used it 10 times since i've gotten it. i think i would stay away from the washing machine.
  • eemorton
    eemorton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just throw mine in the wash on cold water. I have a front loader, so no agitator for it to get tangled up on. I hang to dry.
  • ekr2107
    ekr2107 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always wash mine in a net-bag (like for lingerie) in cold water in the machine. Seems to work fine!
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I always wash mine in a net-bag (like for lingerie) in cold water in the machine. Seems to work fine!

I rinse and hand wash mine each time, but every once in a while I throw it inside a pillowcase in the washer with my laundry. Hang it to dry :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    i have put mine in with regular laundry (front loader) and it still worked fine.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've had two Polars.. Both straps have gone in the machine and been just fine.

You put them in the machine with detergent ONLY.. NEVER with fabric softener and NEVER put them in the dryer. Always line dry.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine in the sink and I've used it almost every day for a little over a year.
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I usually wear mine straight to the shower and rinse it there, but I've sent it through the wash a few times with no problems.
  • u2farmer
    u2farmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I rinse it out under the sink faucet after every workout and hang to dry. Once every week or more likely two - three weeks, I wash it in the washing machine in a bag I use for delicates and include it with the delicates with no fabric softener and hang to dry... One guy who had lots of problems and was replacing straps said that all his problems went away after he started doing that and that they lasted a lot longer. I've never had a problem with mine and they are about two - three years old.

Make sure you remember to unsnap and remove the receiver from the strap :~) The receiver should never be washed in the machine.