Need to lose lots of weight but in need of support...

Options
2»

Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Do you listen to music when you walk? Or how about audiobooks? I find that when I'm concentrating on something else, time flies :)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :wink: i have already lost over 90 lbs before i joined here in june 2012. i have lost 21 lbs since joining in june. if i can help you i would love to support you. every time i have lost it seemed to gain more than before. i realize it has to be a life time change. we all could use more support
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you listen to music when you walk? Or how about audiobooks? I find that when I'm concentrating on something else, time flies :)
    I totally agree, music or audio books help me get through a nice long walk. I download a audio book from my local library and can get through it in about a week or two. I started out walking in early august and could only go about 20 minutes and now I walk anywhere from a hour to a hour and a half depending on how the music or book is moving me.

I started out at 204 lbs. and am now at 188. I have just started to add other exercises into my routine for better results over the last month.

you can add me for support and I'll motivate and help any way i can!:flowerforyou:
  • Thisisnotadiet
    Thisisnotadiet Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    To all of you who said above that need support, please feel free to add me.

One time a friend of mine said that the type of training she was doing felt really good... after she had overcome the phase of "I want to pass out". I know sport is hard and I have never been a sporting type in my life (I am still not), but I can assure you, after two weeks of constant training every day, it becomes addictive.

So, how do you convince yourself you can do it? there is no magic rule, but for me what did the trick was a discount offer for bootcamp sessions. Maybe there are cheap offers in your area too. You need smth that motivates you while you are doing sport. Music is a great stimulus, for example if you are angry, play an aggressive song, and think you are fighting for yourself.

Regarding joint pain, maybe you can do some exercise while lying on the floor or sit on the chair, I mean strength training. Just push your heart rate a little up before to start it (a short walk may be fine in your case). Believe me, you'll see progress very soon if you do it every day.... plus, you get to eat more as you burned off calories (please eat back all the calories!).

We can do it together...
  • Ltrautman80
    Ltrautman80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 32, 5'5" and weight 228. I started at 250 and would love to get own to 125 lbs. the past month and a half have been really difficult fir me. Please feel free to add me.