Drinking your own urine for health benefits

Options
13»

Replies

• jenn1808
    Options
    For people who use prescription medications, this could actually be really dangerous. A lot of meds are filtered into your urine and by drinking it you would be adding it back into your system on top of the new pills you took that day, which could lead to an overdose. So even if it wasn't completely disgusting, I would never do it.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I know they promote it as a potential cure for autism in Mexico...
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Heard of it just never wanted to be that healthy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And still don't want to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    Uh.. if no one else has said it, the original saying is' if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down.' it refers to water conservation and toilet use, because you waste resources flushing every time you pee.
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Lol! I so agree with you.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    The only benefit I see is the excess nutrients that is leeched into urine. If you want more nutrients, just eat more nutritious food XD.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even imagine doing this, but it is not as strange as it sounds. There are actually quite a few athletes who do this. Former UFC champion Lyoto Machida drinks his urine.
    \

Yea, I was going to mention him too. He drinks his morning urine everyday.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Uh, whatever floats your boat i guess..
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This conversation reminds me of the movie The Bucket List and his fancy coffee! lol