Another introduction, looking for friends!

Options
I'm 25 years old and I can't remember ever being a healthy weight. As a child my mother always made excuses for my weight, and I believed them. First it was "baby fat" until I was a teenager, then the medicines (antidepressants) I was on were making me fat. There was always some outside factor making me fat and it seemed like I had no control over the situation. I didn't really "get" the link between my diet and my weight. I was always rewarded and comforted with food. I have a bad relationship with it now and I often eat until I'm full and just continue to eat. As a teenager I would reluctantly walk on a treadmill for a half an hour every day and wonder why I was still fat.

As I got older (and wiser) I learned more and more about nutrition and weight loss, but I still held out for that "miracle cure" that would just make me thin without even trying. My dad was severely obese and managed to lose close to 100 pounds with diet and exercise and it was a huge wakeup call. A few years ago I finally came to terms with the fact that there is no pill or special diet that would make losing weight easy. I have dabbled with MFP and the loseit program for a few years since then, but never made significant progress until now. I found reddit, and then the r/loseit community and finally decided to switch back over to MFP after working on my eating habits on loseit since February. I've lost 10 pounds so far and I'm ready to get serious.

I like that MFP has a great community and I would really love to connect with other people trying to lose weight! It's a new semester in school and I finally feel confident that I have the tools, the knowledge, and the mindset to do this for real and change my lifestyle. 80-90 pounds to go! Lets do this!

Replies

• mnw1117
    mnw1117 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi and Welcome:) !! Feel free to add me.. I'm in the same boat as you!
  • searchingforme
    searchingforme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Starting today! :)
  • pinkroseacct
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new today too, and am in the same boat. Did we have the same mother? Baby fat, then the meds as a teenager, then it was an excuse of living in a food wasteland. I'd love to give and get support from someone in the same situation. I hope to lose at least 90.
  • psychomeep
    Options
    You do sound just like me, and we have similar goals! Go us! We can do it!
  • MontaukGirl1973
    MontaukGirl1973 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there! How is your progress doing? I haven't lost any weight in weeks, with the exception of this week. I was down with a cold. Yes, it is hard and love to eat and hate deprivation. Let me know how you are and have you lost any weight and what strategy you are taking..... :glasses: