belly fat

Hi to all MFP.
i am on the road to burning fat and still a novice at it etc. What is the best excercise for burning belly fat?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    You can't burn fat off just one specific place. If you want to tone your abs, that can help make the area firmer and maybe take off some inches, but if you actually want to burn fat, you just have to do it all over.

I like the sit-ups where you twist to either side as you come up to work your obliques. Leg lifts are also good, and so is plank.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    There is no exercise that will burn belly fat. Just eat at a calorie deficit and the weight will come off where it will (our bodies are fickle and it often comes off last the place you want it to come off first).
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Unfortunately, there is no way to "target" fat loss (I wish!! lol). By eating healthy and doing exercise, you will lose fat, but your body will decide where you lose it from. You can help the situation by weight training as muscle burns fat and combined with a lower body fat, muscle definition can help give a shape to your body that appeals more to you...but you can do as many crunches as you like, aside from muscle gain for your abs, it won't target fat loss on the stomach. Sorry....
  • kinkofit
    kinkofit Posts: 10 Member
    1: calorie deficit to get down to a healthy weight and...
    2: lots of cardio (I run lots)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Any aerobic activity. The more calories you burn, the better off you are. Also, weight training. Lean muscle helps burn more energy than fat so the best way to a trim waist line is by hitting the weights. There is also the old saying "abs are made in the kitchen".. Minimize fats and increase protein to help in this area. Best wishes on your journey.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    There is no exercise that will burn belly fat. Just eat at a calorie deficit and the weight will come off where it will (our bodies are fickle and it often comes off last the place you want it to come off first).

this. what i've been finding is that the last place i notice weight gain has been the first place i noticed weight loss and the first place i gain weight i've lost absolutely nothing so far :laugh:

just gotta keep at eating at a slight deficit and working out
  • Thanks everyone for sharing you knowledge and experience. I will certainly bear that in mind as i continue on this life changing experience.