30 Day Shred!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Everyone who's worried about doing it: just bite the bullet and go for it!
    So pleased to hear that everyone is getting great results and it's so motivating :)

What changes does/has everyone make/made while doing 30DS? I've got back into bad habits so my diet isn't too great right now...Plus, although it's over a month until Christmas, we keep buying mince pies and I keep eating them!
    I started 30DS now so I can get it over with before Christmas and then I'll do it again to lose the inevitable pounds that I'll gain at Christmas (it's so worth it though!)
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've really tried to stick to my 1200 calories/day, I'm walking most days and I've found the 30DS a great way to tone up. I've also found it good for time, as I have 3 young kids, it's hard to find the time to get 30-60mins to myself :)
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started yesterday. 192lbs, 5'3". My push-ups need improving greatly and I prefer butt kicks to skipping and my thighs were killing me this morning but going to keep on it!
  • BethMotley
    Options
    Hi Sophie,
    I'm 53 and have been doing the 30 day shred for two weeks. I do it every other day but also use an ellliptical most everyday. I am 5'7 and weigh 176. I can feel and see my stomach changing and have much more stamina.The first couple of days I thought I would literally die. I couldn't even do 30 seconds of jumping rope. But now I can finish and keep moving the entire time. My favorite part of her workout is the abs. I'm still on level one, but I'm going to do it until I can do the advanced moves. If I can do it, anyone can:
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am on day 13 and Level 2 and I love it! It is definitely a challenging workout, but I have already gotten stronger than I was on day 1. Take your measurements if you haven't already, I'm not losing a bunch of weight but have already lost an inch off my arms and from my hips!

Keep going, you can do this!
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Just finished day two. I'm doing it as a second workout, with a goal of four days a week. Hoping it helps jumpstart the weight loss again. Slowing down with that and still have 25 pounds to go. I use 3 or 5 lb weights, depending on the exercise. Those slow bicycle crunches are the only exercise on level one I still can't get completely through. Can't wait to see the difference days from now!
  • shell22holmes
    Options
    I just started yesterday. Funny, I actually look forward to working out to 30DS.
    Feel free to add me too. I have 40 lbs to lose........
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred once before and never made it past the first level. I just did it for the first time last night and it was great - really hoping to stick with it this time and get through the whole month. Seeing this thread definitely gives me the motivation :-) Feel free to add me!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    OK...today will be day 4 level 1! Woo!! So glad to have my motivation back!! :)
  • ferretmom2012
    Options
    Hey girls!
    I just just thinking about trying the 30 day again (did it once but never left level 1), as i see so many of you doing it, i'll re-start it today :)
    good luck to us all
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    Day 2 completed!
    I ached so much this morning, walking up and down stairs was the worst because of the burn in my legs (mostly calves and quads)! It's good aching though, not injury aching (I love the warm up and cool down in 30DS, they're so important but often left out) It was slightly harder to do today because of the ache but it made the squats and lunges in particular even better!
    Now, for the first time ever, my abs are aching! I'm so pleased because I've never had any ab definition (mostly because I've always found crunches etc. so hard so I don't do them...whoops). Fingers crossed this carries on!
    My diet has been better today. I've drunk more water and I didn't have cake at lunch, although I did treat myself to a hot chocolate after my audition today because I felt I deserved it! (Again, fingers crossed!) But, because of this, I skipped having something sweet after dinner. Yay for balance!
    How's everyone else finding it? Did anyone start day 1 today? Are all still motivated? Aching?!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...four days are under my belt! Today will be day 5...the crazy aching is gone now (day 2 and 3 are the worst!) but I do feel it in my abs still, which is good! Only 3 more level 1 workouts...then onto level 2! YAY! I love how I feel when I'm doing this and motivated...and I'm been doing fairly well eating well also! I'll focus more on that once I have an exercise routine in place again...one step at a time!

Keep up the good work ladies!!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5! My endurance and strength have improved greatly since day 1. This is the first exercise I've done in years other than walking and occasional swimming in the summer. I hate it when I'm doing it, but I love the way it makes me feel.

Still can't do more that 4 push ups at one time though. I have to drop to my knees to finish them out.
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    Workout number 3 is done!
    I found it so much easier today even though I ached so badly all day long. Bicycle crunches are still so hard but I can notice that they're getting easier. I've never done push-ups before so I'm always on my knees but I hope that I can do proper push ups by level 2.
    My diet is easier, although my lunch wasn't as healthy as it should be (afternoon's off are good buuuut...). I'm looking forward to dinnertime though- Moroccan marinated chicken with veggies then watching Glee with my mum :)

Do you ladies do any exercise other than 30DS? If so, what is it?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    No other exercises right now as my two girls keep my busy, but I do love to run when the weather is nice outside (I have an excellent double jogging stroller!) But it's pretty cold now for my 7 month old, so probably not too much more running until the Spring.
  • sophiegrace543
    Options
    I always think having kids would be a great way to keep fit, especially if you had a jogging stroller!
    My mum has never done much exercise and I was an only child but just taking me to all my extra curriculars, looking after me and working full time kept her fit!
    I have twice weekly ballet classes (3 lessons if I'm doing an exam, sometimes more) which I've been doing since I was 4 and it's such a great exercise! I could write novels about how brilliant it is in so many different ways. I'm especially finding that it's great with 30DS because it's good for strength and toning.