Almost to my goal weight - 106 lbs lost :) (pics included)

Options
rjh1975
rjh1975 Posts: 71 Member
Just thought I'd quickly share my weight loss journey. Before kids, I was an active, healthy person. With every pregnancy though, I gained weight and, instead of losing it afterwards, I would actually continue to gain in the months following the births of my children. About 4 months after the arrival of my third, I stepped on a scale and was stunned to see that I'd climbed to 252 lbs. Within the next 6 months, I took off 30 lbs doing sporadic exercise and trying to watch what I ate. I got down to 220 lbs and then sat there. For years. In January of this year, a dear friend of mine talked me into trying a semi-private session with her trainer. At the same time, my sister-in-law (who is ten years my junior) asked me to be in her wedding party. I decided that it was time. I'd been out of shape for 8 years and it was time to get my life back. Since February, I've been working with a trainer twice a week, running 2-3 times a week, and I also try to work in some cycling as well. At first, I wasn't really watching what I ate (just trying to be healthier). When I got down to between 180-190 lbs, I stalled. That's when my trainer recommended myfitnesspal. I told him that I didn't think there was any way I would be consistent with tracking, but that I'd check it out. Within the first week, I quickly dropped several pounds and I realized how important it was to not only be exercising, but to also be paying attention to what I was putting in my body. This week I hit 146 lbs (down 106 lbs from my high weight). I have my goal set to 145 lbs but I'm not to worried about that number (I'm okay being a little over or under it). What I'm thrilled about is my new level of fitness. I have three very active children and an active husband and, now, I can keep up with them. I'm going to ski with them this year (for the first time since having kids). I'm signing up for a half marathon in the spring (when I couldn't run 5K to start). This has been a long, hard journey but it's been soooo worth it!!!

Here are some pics of my journey:

The far left of this picture is me at my highest weight (252 lbs), the middle is me after I took off the first 30 (at 222 lbs), and the last is me when I joined MFP (around 190 lbs).

resized481044_321771174575126_604331337_n.jpg

This is the picture my husband encouraged me to take when I hit my first goal of having a healthy BMI (154 lbs)

resized261847_354509971301246_1907098439_n.jpg

And now that I'm so close to me weight goal (currently 146 lbs), my focus is shifting to fitness goals instead. I never, ever thought I'd be able to hold my own body weight and now I can even do some unsupported knee tucks (like in the second picture)

resized249460_358895410862702_1160597289_n.jpg

resized598487_369684353117141_1421597826_n.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!