Finally getting REAL!

Options
Hi All...

Joined a few weeks ago but never did anything beyond that until yesterday. Don't know why but I guess I'm READY now for consistent success instead of on and off, etc.

I feel inspired and am loving the instant feedback this site gives me when I imput what I'm eating! And I love how it projects what will happen if you continue to eat this way....! '

It surprized me too that the site even recognized that I'd signed up but had done nothing since and was wondering where I'd gone....

Here's to success at a very long LAST!!:happy:

Replies

• shell22holmes
    Options
    This site is awesome. Lots of info and great advice & encouragement .
    Good luck on your journey.
  • cchiar
    cchiar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! I just started recently as well and I've found this site very helpful. Just make it a part of your day: when you eat, enter your food. I've found that it's also a motivation for me to exercise just so I can enter it into MFP!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Good luck and grats on beginning your journey!
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey that's awesome that you're "getting real" as you put it, we're all here to support you and help motivate you on your journey :) I'll send you a friend request.
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just make a commitment daily to log your food. That's what I do, now i am even moving more so i can eat a bit more. Rarely eat all my exercise calories but give me a little leeway. Usually try to stay between 1300 and 1450. Its working! I am losing weight, slowly. 16 lbs down in 9 weeks. I just have to log my food. That is the only commitment I have made. Love it, so easy to do and my clothes are fitting better and am not so dang tired all the time. One day at a time is how I am doing it.
  • bka1961
    bka1961 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes...I am LOVING posting what I'm eating! Which is weird for me as when I was on WW...I hated doing the journal thing...but here it is easy!!! And I enjoy it!! I have it on my phone too which is helpful when I'm not home which is a lot. 16 lbs. in 9 weeks....so awesome!! Congrats!! One day at a time is definitely the way to do it. Thanks!
  • bka1961
    Options
    Thanks! I feel the same. Good luck to you too!!

"This site is awesome. Lots of info and great advice & encouragement .
    Good luck on your journey. "
  • bka1961
    Options
    Thanks! It is definately part of my day as you are saying...I've gotta get my exercise in somewhere....I'm a bit off track but will get it in there somewhere. School is a little crazy right now....thanks again!

"Yay for you! I just started recently as well and I've found this site very helpful. Just make it a part of your day: when you eat, enter your food. I've found that it's also a motivation for me to exercise just so I can enter it into MFP! "
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    agreed have only been on here for 6 days, very impressed with it so far. Love the feedback from the friends I have on here, helps me be accountable in addition to helping me with my goals. Feel free to add me I plan on signing in everyday, to try to stay focused. Congrats and good luck to you :)
  • bka1961
    Options
    Thanks...good luck to you to!!! Happy to be here!

"Good luck and grats on beginning your journey!"
  • bka1961
    Options
    It's taken a very long time to be really tired of faking it......or up and down...on and off.....just so glad I finally get it. Send me that request!! I'm still feeling my way around this replying thing so I may be a little slow....but I'm getting it. Thanks!

"Hey that's awesome that you're "getting real" as you put it, we're all here to support you and help motivate you on your journey :) I'll send you a friend request."
  • bka1961
    Options
    Thanks and congrats on the six days....it's more than me! I will definately add you! I will be on here every day too...posting my food.....I will to post everyday too...but school is kicking my butt.....but nevertheless I will do it and this!!!!

"agreed have only been on here for 6 days, very impressed with it so far. Love the feedback from the friends I have on here, helps me be accountable in addition to helping me with my goals. Feel free to add me I plan on signing in everyday, to try to stay focused. Congrats and good luck to you :)"
  • GramArtz62
    GramArtz62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am with you in spirit. I echo all your words and I am not sure how to get around this site....:indifferent:
  • Claudia133
    Claudia133 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been on this for a couple years but this holiday I decided to not let the celebrations sweep away all my efforts to stay in shape this past 9 months. So I am being very consistent and truthful about my intake this week and I noticed that it gets easier to do everyday. I look forward to posting and seeing the results and I actually planned ahead for a night out last night and ate less calories during the day. I refuse to crash diet "again" because that has never stayed. I want to cultivate the habit of a great routine that I love. Very inspired on Day 4 ...lol but heading into a family reunion this weekend and just want to maintain all the way through Thanksgiving. Enjoy your process!
  • bka1961
    Options
    Ok now I'm getting the hang of this reply thing! I am here with you too Mommamia62!! Just do it every day!! And want it every day as my friend to me!! I am 51 also but single. But lots of responsibilities and school too.......let this be YOUR year...not for anyone else...but for you!! I long to not feel slug-like every day with all this weight hanging on me....one step at a time!! Feel free to add me as a friend. I will try to add people too but I'm new at all this like you so have to figure it all out ......:).......

"Hi! I am with you in spirit. I echo all your words and I am not sure how to get around this site..."
  • bka1961
    Options
    Cool for you for deciding on consistency! That is what I feel is the way....to be consistent....because that's what I never way......not for the long haul....for awhile.....for a time.....but today I'm in it for the long haul. I used to skip meals or just have one meal a day...kinda like you were saying too....especially after a day of crazy overeating! You can do it!! We all can!!

"I've been on this for a couple years but this holiday I decided to not let the celebrations sweep away all my efforts to stay in shape this past 9 months. So I am being very consistent and truthful about my intake this week and I noticed that it gets easier to do everyday. I look forward to posting and seeing the results and I actually planned ahead for a night out last night and ate less calories during the day. I refuse to crash diet "again" because that has never stayed. I want to cultivate the habit of a great routine that I love. Very inspired on Day 4 ...lol but heading into a family reunion this weekend and just want to maintain all the way through Thanksgiving. Enjoy your process!"