Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why wait till January when we can start today?

I'm new to this website so if anyone would like to add me that'd be great :) I've already lost 9 lbs on my own since the end of Sept 2012 just by cutting out the daily fast food (which is a constant temptation for me cause I'm a manager at a restaurant). I'm looking to loose about 30lbs in total to be at my goal weight but it's getting harder so I signed up here. Although you would think working in fast food I could find lots of coworkers who want to make changes too, but unfortunately that isn't the case :( Instead I'm met with a lot of people who SAY they want to, but always seem to have plans when I suggest trying out the gym. I know in January when resolutions come out I might be able to find some people but I want to start TODAY, not TOMORROW. No more excuses! And this way I'll have a few months kick start on my journey! Seems I'll have to do this weight lose thing alone for now, but I'm determined to get where I want to be so let's hope I can stick to it! :)

Current goal: loose 10 lb by my anniversary with the bf (Jan 2013)

Replies

• I love your mindset !! You can do it :) I'll add you
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    I hear you I just re-evaluated my goals and posted them here on my blog. One of them is to lose through the holidays (even if slower) and not have to make that resolution again. I want to lose 50 or so more pounds and see where that gets me and go from there. I am active, log everything I eat everyday, add me if you like and we can work together to not make a new years resolution. :smile:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    I agree! Funny - I usually do start new fitness goals just before the holidays because I want to have something to focus on other than food.
  • Who's waiting til January?
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    thats great!! i love your mindset. i sent u a friend request. :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. I do the d@mn thing every single day!
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Great attitude. Why put off till tomorrow what you can do today?
  • Feel free to add me. I've eaten fast food 6 days out of 8 since I started in july and have still lost an average or 0.9lbs a week.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Agree, I don't buy this stuff of "I will start in a week/month/year" etc its fruitless.
    Do it now - whilst its fresh in your mind and that you really want to do it.

Doing the good things like weight loss and quitting smoking make you realise one major thing - Why did it take me so long to make the change, everyone I speak to wishes they started it sooner (me included).
  • Great attitude!!! Feel free to add me.
  • clopez1987
    clopez1987 Posts: 54 Member
    i sooo agree with you! there is no better time to start than TODAY! ...and it feels soooo GOOOD!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    What a great attitude! :bigsmile: :drinker: I'm sending a FR your way.