165-calorie pumpkin bran muffins/bread

Options
Espressocycle
Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
I skinnied down an old '70s bran muffin recipe. I made two loaves with this; cut into 16 slices it's 165 cals each. The pumpkin adds a lot of fiber on top of the All Bran, so these should supply your fiber needs quite nicely. I think the sugar/stevial blend has a nicer flavor than Splenda, but feel free to use that instead (or regular sugar - just use 1.5 cups)

Kellog's All Bran - Original, 3 cup
Domino - Light All Natural Sugar & Stevia Blend, (1/2 cup) 24 teaspoon
Egg - Large, Grade A, Raw, 2 egg
Libby's - Canned Pumpkin, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
Gold Medal - All-Purpose Flour (32 oz), 2.5 cup (30g)
Raisins - Sun Maid, 0.75 cup
Morton - Iodized Salt, 1/4 tsp (1.5g)
Baking soda, 2.5 tsp
Oil - Vegetable, corn, 2 tbsp
Lemon juice (or cider vinegar), 1/4 cup
Water - Municipal, 3 cup (8 fl oz)

Bring two cups of water to a boil and pour over the all-bran and raisins; stir and allow to soak
Add eggs, remaining water, sugar/stevia blend, pumpkin, lemon juice and and oil and stir to combine smoothly
Mix flour, baking soda and salt together first and then add to wet ingredients and stir until batter is combined but still slightly lumpy (beat more if you want a more rubbery texture)
Bake at 375 - 20 minutes for muffins, 40 for loaves (grease the tins with spray oil)

Replies

• meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    I'm bumping this again because my recipes get no love and these are surprisingly delicious.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    these sound good I love anything with pumpkin! makes the house smell good too. Thanks for posting
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    worth noting, i didn't include any pumpkin pie spices in this, because... well, I forgot. but they couldn't hurt none!
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    I printed this out and plan on making this weekend! They sound delicious...Thanks!
  • LoveRagdolls
    Options
    Is there an easy way to print these recipes (just the recipes) without doing a regular screen print, which would include all the responses, etc.?
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    ive opened word document and copied the recipe onto the document i usually just print current page