Sugar is like crack

Options

Replies

• SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Actually it's funny because a lot of people who get getting off drugs or booze end up eat a lot of sugar or craving a lot of sugar food wise, so maybe it's like a crack replacement.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I think it's more of a comparison than an actual experience. Probably meaning sugar is addicitive like crack...

Ya really think that's what he meant?? You're smart.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Its MUCH easier for me to resist the first bite than the second.

I'm going to post this where all my sweets are stashed!
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    I think it's more of a comparison than an actual experience. Probably meaning sugar is addicitive like crack...

Ya really think that's what he meant?? You're smart.

So again the whole sugar and crack thing is a analogy.....Thats all!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Crack is whack, it's all about cocaine
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...tasty, tasty, crack.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    cocaine_rick_james.jpg

UNITY! ????
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Actually it's funny because a lot of people who get getting off drugs or booze end up eat a lot of sugar or craving a lot of sugar food wise, so maybe it's like a crack replacement.

Actually for alcoholics, many of them are replacing the sugar they were receiving from their addiction. My dad was an alcoholic (budweiser man he was) and when he quit drinking - hot dam he ate a lot of zingers, ho-hos & twinkies.

As for how to deal with a sugar "addiction" - if you crave candy - have a piece of fruit instead. Or have a small piece of chocolate and back it up with a banana.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, you just have to figure out what works for you.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    There are these cookies at my local grocery store... My wife and I call them "crack" cookies because you can't just have one... and no we have never actually had crack BUT I imagine the yearning is near that scale(maybe?).
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Gretchen Wieners knows everybody's business, she knows everything .... We crack Gretchen, and then we crack the lock on Regina's whole dirty history.
    Say crack again.
    Crack.
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It is the food without a brake; you gotta have to finish it or the world will end (lol). It is a dangerous food.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Don't buy it. When you want something sweet have a piece of fruit. Self control
  • kels67camaro
    Options
    Don't buy it. When you want something sweet have a piece of fruit. Self control

I really dont buy it, but i work in a Dr's office and the crap is around all the time.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

EXACTLY :happy:

Actually, that's not true at all. That was my point. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    You should try meth... crack barely registers on the happiness scale compared to meth.

Just don't buy them. Worked for me; I hardly ever eat sweets except for the odd bit of dark chocolate that I justify because it has antioxidents.

Ahhh....meth...it is *definitely* a "happier" drug than crack. Crack only lasts about 20 minutes while meth might last 12 hours or more. :laugh:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    There are these cookies at my local grocery store... My wife and I call them "crack" cookies because you can't just have one... and no we have never actually had crack BUT I imagine the yearning is near that scale(maybe?).

Are the the ones that are super soft and fluffy cookies with the layer of icing on top that is about half the thickness of the cookie itself? Those are the ones the hubby and I call crack cookies, so I was just wondering. :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    So you've tried crack?

This is the same question I always ask. If you think sugar is like crack, then you have never smoked crack or known a crackhead.

Its called using a analogy :)

It's a horrible analogy. Again, if you ever had a friend or family member hooked on crack, you would know that.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Actually for alcoholics, many of them are replacing the sugar they were receiving from their addiction. My dad was an alcoholic (budweiser man he was) and when he quit drinking - hot dam he ate a lot of zingers, ho-hos & twinkies.

As for how to deal with a sugar "addiction" - if you crave candy - have a piece of fruit instead. Or have a small piece of chocolate and back it up with a banana.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, you just have to figure out what works for you.

Alcohol turns to sugar in your blood, so that makes sense. Cocaine doe NOT turn to sugar in your blood. Rather it, it elevates your central nervous system. It's actually the opposite of alcohol.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I've always been pretty good about having just one sweet.
    Something crunchy like Doritos, though - that's a whole 'nother story.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Its MUCH easier for me to resist the first bite than the second.

Definitely.