Effective exercises from home

Options
Hi everyone

In short, I joined MFP in August '11 and by May '12, I'd lost about 35lbs which I was very pleased with. Since then, I haven't really lost any weight, much to my disappointment, but you only get out what you put it and it's fair to say I haven't been trying too much.

I'm now at University and with local gyms wanting £40+ per month for membership, I'm now turning to the message boards of MFP for some help with, as the title says, effective exercises I can do from home. The only space I have is in my room, so I was thinking a series of jumping jacks, squats and so on, but I'm not sure how effective these are. Aside from losing around another 15lbs, I'd like to tone up, so I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Replies

• NerdyBirdy247
    Options
    Hi

Have you tried one of the BeachBody programmes? They can be a bit expensive upfront but you ca use them forever! i got mone for £33 a month for 3 months and ive used them on and off for a year! it would of been £35 a month for the past 12 so it works out much cheaper and better off!

If you dont know what they are search on the websites and i spent alot of time looking at reviews and youtube video's before i got TurboFire and i LOVE it!!

Hope this is helpful xxx
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Look for a book called "You are Your Own Gym" the only equipment required.....you. Do you walk or run to work on cardio fitness?
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    What about a track at the school or a local high school,that would allow you to walk or jog. someone also suggested on here that you can usually check out workout videos at the library.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels dvds, you don't need a lot of space and they are great workouts.
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    youtube has a lot of workout videos as well