Do you eat the same things over and over?

Options
2»

Replies

• marjaskow
    marjaskow Posts: 81
    Options
    I was reading through the replys before making my own comment and your reply was pretty much the same as mine. I have lost over 70 pounds. I do eat pretty much the same breakfast every day. Usually toast or an arnie with a TBS. of peanut butter and small banana cut on it and a cup of skim milk, or I like the nutrigrain lowfat waffles. Instead of syrup I put a cup of frozen blueberries in the microwave til they thaw and get juicy. Then for lunch it is the dinner left overs or a sandwich, usually turkey or tuna, with some fruit or a yogurt. Dinner is what I look forward to trying to get variety in. I do have healthy snacks during the day too.
  • tedwalsh
    tedwalsh Posts: 5
    Options
    I think eating the same foods over and over can help to take the guess work out of deciding what to eat - you already know the calorie content in these foods and it makes deciding meals like breakfast much easier. A great help when time is short in the morning.

It's important to get some variety though. Don't you think you owe it to yourself to give yourself choices? You're also more likely to get a better mix of vitamins and minerals if you change your foods regularly.

Having said all of that I have Sultana bran every morning during the week and muesli at the weekends. You have to do what works for you ultimately.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For me, breakfast was something I had to make a "rote", don't think about it, just do it, meal. I didn't eat breakfast at all when I was heavy. I would usually wait until I was just famished at about 11am and then eat whatever crappy convenience food was closest. I was never hungry first thing in the morning. Breakfast is still the meal that I am the least excited about. I do get hungry in the mornings now, and don't have to make myself eat, but it's more of a habitual thing.That's why I could never do the advice you hear, where you eat your biggest meal in the morning, and smallest meal in the evening. I LOVE dinner. My dinners are always made from scratch and I vary up the recipes quite a bit. I add in new dinner recipes all the time. I don't think every meal we eat has to be gourmet or have variety--sometimes we eat for pleasure and sometimes we eat because we need to eat to have energy and feel good.
  • PBJ1963
    PBJ1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To me it did feel very time consuming and left me frantic trying to get things done I needed to do and walk too. I almost felt like giving up on the calorie counting.